Senior Android Engineer
We are looking for an iOS software engineer to join our Apple platforms team in Amsterdam. This is an exciting opportunity to work on apps such as Disney+ and ESPN with some of the greatest minds in streaming media. If interesting technical challenges and developing industry leading apps used by millions of people all over the world excites you, then this is the role for you.
Why you want to work with us:
• Be a part of a highly collaborative, world-class team of software engineers
• Work on a cutting-edge and evolving technology stack
• Develop substantial features shipped to millions of users
• Influence the innovation of high-profile products used globally
• Join an inclusive culture that incorporates diverse perspectives and supports individual needs
What you will do:
• Develop feature-rich native iOS/tvOS applications for iPhones, iPads, Apple Watch, and Apple TV
• Work with other developers to create sustainable, well-architected solutions that are built to last
• Debug production issues and solve novel problems
• Write clear, well-tested, performant code
• Be part of an agile team participating in the full lifecycle of application development, including responsibility for entire features
• Help mentor associate team members and collaborate with peers through code review
• Continuously take advantage of opportunities to learn and teach others
What we are looking for:
• Excellent understanding of Swift, Apple Frameworks, and the Xcode ecosystem
• Experience integrating with backend systems, web services, and third-party software
• Hold high standards of quality for both the codebases you contribute to and the applications you build
• A growth mindset towards learning and a desire to give and receive feedback
• Experience communicating effectively with a variety of stakeholders (technical and non-technical)
This position is with The Capitals B.V., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.