We are seeking an enthusiastic team leader for the position of Direct of Product Management, Content Experience, reporting to the Senior Director of Product Management, Subscriber Experience, for the Disney+ service as part of the Disney+ team in San Francisco or Los Angeles/Santa Monica. This individual will collaborate cross-functionally with other product teams from HULU/ESPN+/Star+, engineering, design, marketing, data science, platform and media delivery teams to understand how to increase overall content consumption and allow subscribers to dive deeper into our rich experiences across Disney, PIXAR, Star Wars, MARVEL and Star.
CORE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• You are outcome based, build and nurture teams toward those outcomes, and lead cross functional teams through hypothesis driven discipline.
• You think about the strategic business goals of Disney and you work to ensure your team's resources are being spent in ways that align with those goals.
• You are technical, can design, can interpret data, understand engagement nuances, and can propose high-yield bets to drive and exceed goals.
• You will drive time spent viewing by Disney+ subscribers.
• Your focus is on the art and science of product management, the process to make it effective, to make it efficient, reliable and mindful of Disney, your team and our subscribers.
• You are able to motivate your team to sprint towards aggressive goals in ways that engenders excitement and ownership.
• You establish a team charter and team tenets as a 'north star' for your team.
• You work to represent the Disney+ Product team when working with our content studio teams across Disney.
• You identify, gather, and drive consensus among all required groups across the company when trying to accomplish larger goals. You resolve blockers in other teams to move forward.
• You directly manage, nurture and support a number of product managers.
• You hire people for your team that meet and exceed the Disney talent bar.
• You hire people for your team that work well with their peers and within the Disney culture.
• You actively recruit outside talent for Disney.
• Collaborate and coalesce design, editorial and creative resources across The Walt Disney Company, that includes a close partnership with ESPN Marketing, Disney Theatrical Marketing, and teams within Disney Streaming Services while ensuring clear, concise messaging to subscribers
• Communicate wins and learnings across the organization. Message effectively with executives and external partners with quantifiable results of customer marketing campaigns, and return on effort
• Work with leadership to identify messaging priorities and support adoption of new technology or resources to reach business goals.
• Minimum 10 years of experience building products for millions of subscribers, ideally in a subscription video service.
• Minimum 5 years leading and managing a team of at least 4 product managers across a broad scope of outcome-based deliverables in the engagement area.
• Deep experience in hypothesis driven outcomes, using data and research to help inform.
• Comfortable in fast changing environment, with frequently changing demands, building and managing relationships with cross-functional stakeholders and circumstances.
• MBA or Master's degree in Engineering or a related field preferred.
• Expertise leading teams towards business goals.
• Effective leadership capabilities, and ability to motivate a team.
• Ability to balance technical and business issues.
• Ability to communicate with both technical and business experts.
• Bachelor degree in a related field
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0n9pm-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.