Senior Software Engineer - Technical Lead
New York, NY
Data Engineer (Marketing Data Eng Team)
The Marketing Data Engineering team at Disney Streaming Services is responsible for creating and deploying the data pipelines and data platform integrations to enable the Disney+ and ESPN+ marketing & analytics teams. We build the data solutions to optimize the marketing spend and efficacy of creative content for both paid media and lifecycle engagement messaging.
• Build and deploy streaming and batch data pipelines in support of the Disney+ marketing ecosystem to enable data activation and segmentation capabilities across paid media and lifecycle engagement marketing.
• Integrate with a variety of data providers ranging from upstream data services to 3rd party data solutions.
• Collaborate with product, marketing, and analytics teams to build data-forward solutions to subscriber growth and retention
• Build integrations with paid media platforms to optimize marketing spend through data and analytics
• Develop unit/integration tests and data validations to ensure the quality of code and data
• Work in an Agile environment that focuses on collaboration and teamwork
• 2-3 years of experience developing in object oriented Python
• Familiar with big-data solutions using technologies such as Databricks, EMR, S3, and Spark
• Loading and querying cloud-hosted databases such as Snowflake/Redshift
• Building data pipelines using Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, or Flink
• Familiarity with binary data serialization formats such as Parquet, Avro, and Thrift
• Experience deploying data notebook and analytic environments such as Jupyter and
• Familiarity with deploying and running AWS-based data solutions
• Experience with graph-based data workflows using Apache Airflow
• Knowledge of marketing technology stacks
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.