Senior Software Engineer - Technical Lead
New York, NY
The Web Software Engineering Team at Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is an international team with offices in New York, San Francisco, and the Netherlands. We are responsible for building and maintaining the web applications for Disney+, ESPN+, NHL and more.
We are looking for a talented full stack engineer to join our Disney+ Main App team. We are a team that creates large-scale, highly-performant web applications for Disney+ and more. This team transforms large, complex datasets into fast and responsive user interfaces used by millions of people.
• • Work on a modern stack including React, NodeJS, Amazon Web Services
• • Enforce code quality through test driven development
• • Distill product requirements into design and technical specifications
• • Collaborate closely with other engineering, product, and marketing teams to define product requirements
• • Build out new features using an internal CMS tool to support marketing editorial teams
• • Build and setup AB testing efforts in a rapid performance marketing focused environment
• • 2+ years experience building web applications.
• • Experience in a NodeJS application development environment.
GitHub, CSS Preprocessors, Styled Components, Single Page Application frameworks
and Module Bundlers (Webpack etc.)
• • Proven ability to integrate with service APIs and/or SDKs
• • Experience with streaming video, e-commerce, large data applications and analytics suites
• • Hands on experience with React/Redux in a production application
• • Experience with Webpack
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.