Conceive, write and produce Branded Entertainment creative that melds our factual brands and sponsor messages into cohesive, entertaining brand creative that serves all parties successfully.
This writer/producer would be joining a team of doers that empowers one another, approaches projects with optimism and purpose and challenges the status quo. We are seeking strategic visionaries, thinkers, and TV/digital lovers who want to be a part of crafting the future of television, entertainment, streaming and advertising.
1. Conceive, write, and produce best in class co-branded advertising for Discovery, Science, Animal Planet and sponsors that drives revenue.
2. Attend shoots on high priority projects
3. Respond to Ad Sales RFP's with enthusiasm, out-of-the-box thinking and breakthrough creative that fits both factual and sponsor brand
4. Brainstorm in a group collaboratively, positively , openly and effectively
5. Maintain Discovery values and brand attributes in all materials.
6. Engage in the creative process with external and internal partners.
7. Collaborate with On Air Marketing, Ad Sales, programming, production, and scheduling departments.
8. Write and produce internal projects: i.e. departmental presentation tapes, marketing, ad sales tapes, Upfront tapes, Programming Presentation reels.
9. Research and acquire all materials necessary for projects in production.
10. Maintain an understanding of budgets and strategy on every project.
11. Understand, initiate and be involved in all processes from the initial idea, through production, to completion and delivery of creative.
* A Bachelor's degree or higher in Video/Film Production or related field is preferred.
* A minimum of four years' experience writing and producing co-branded promotion and marketing projects for broadcast or cable television.
* Proven co-branded 360 expertise across all platforms of media including TV, digital, social media and interstitial network branding.
* Must have shoot experience, engaging with production, clients and talent on set
* Experience overseeing editors and production companies
* Good editorial skills and graphic design sense
*Great project management skills with the ability to have meticulous administrative and logistical project oversight.
* Must be personable, flexible and open to constant feedback as this position requires constant team, interdepartmental, vendor and client interaction
*Need to have the creative skills and strength to work on high-level priority projects, but also be comfortable working on the lowest level projects, taking them to as high a level as possible.
* Familiarity with Avid/Premiere editing and basic knowledge of Aftereffects, and Photoshop is a plus.
* A strong interest and background in design is highly desirable and a well-rounded and up-to-date knowledge of postproduction tools and the postproduction process are essential.
* Proven writing and producing skills.
* Must be well organized, capable of handling several projects simultaneously under tight deadlines, have the ability to work independently, possess excellent intrapersonal skills and be cool under pressure.
* Must stay up-to-date with the current creative in the market across all platforms
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvk66j-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.