Network Operations Support Engineer
Reporting to a Duty Operations Manager, this position is critical in monitoring and supporting Discovery's Global platform infrastructure. The position is part of a unified technical operations team that will consist of members from multiple disciplines (Distribution Operations, Network Operations, Server/Storage Operations, Cloud Operations, Digital Platform Support Operations and Security Operations) to form a team capable of providing monitoring and support to all Discovery technical infrastructure.
• Monitoring all our production platform infrastructure in real time
• Outage vetting – initiating of critical outage situations
• Implement, or assist with implementation of, changes to production platform infrastructure
• Keep platform infrastructure device monitoring and asset tracking systems up to date
• Coordinate escalation process to third-party platform vendors in case of hardware or software failure
• Manage network printer queues, drivers, and firmware
• Provide support for server patching/change management activities
• Be available for on-call/after hours to support critical outage situations as well as planned out of business hours system maintenance.
• Uphold professional ticket management by ensuring all ticket types are logged, work logs updated and properly resolved at time of completion
• Maintain Platform Operations Knowledge Base(s)
• 2+ years providing administrative and troubleshooting support in the areas of Windows Server, Active Directory, Server virtualization, backup solutions, and patching
• Able to communicate technical matters to technical and non-technical audiences
• Fluent English
• Experience with Cisco UCS
• Experience with Commvault
• Experience with VMWare ESXi and Virtual Center
• Experience with Ivanti Heat
• Experience with Powershell
• Experience using ServiceNow or another similar Service Management tool
• Experience using Solarwinds monitoring platform
• Experience with DNS, DHCP, IPAM Toolsets (Infoblox)
• Experience with ITIL principals
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnb493-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.