As Discovery's portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements, and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery's products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery's growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Knoxville to Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
We are looking for a technical expert that can design, deliver, and support infrastructure solutions comprising storage, compute, virtualization and software solutions deployed on-premises and in public cloud environments. This person will have deep technical knowledge and experience architecting and supporting IT infrastructure solutions in cooperation with business and application stakeholders. You will document solutions ensuring best practices are followed and stakeholders are updated related to system changes. You will manage capacity and forecast utilization, providing guidance to stakeholders around budgeting.
To be successful, you will possess a unique blend of business and technical understanding; a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms vision into a reality. You must be willing to work in a ''one team'' mindset, building relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors while contributing within a highly collaborative environment. This is a large company with a significant global footprint, and we will often work as a single team with many other groups, often stepping out of our own team's boundaries.
We are looking for candidates either from Cracow and Warsaw.
This role will be responsible for the design, implementation, and delivery of infrastructure solutions with Windows Server and Active Directory. You will be responsible for ensuring uptime and performance of the environment along with reporting on utilization and availability. This role requires someone who is able to build relationships and collaborate with team members and stakeholders around the globe.
• Manage and monitor all Windows based Servers across the global infrastructure.
• Manage and maintain a large Active Directory deployment.
• Install, configure, and maintain operating systems and system tools.
• Ensure services maintain compliance with defined security standards (PCI, NIST, CJIS).
• Create and maintain custom scripts to increase solution efficiency and improve availability Troubleshoot and solve complex software, hardware, and service issues.
• Build Custom Windows Servers, virtual or physical, based on the specifications provided.
• Perform root causes analysis on escalation items.
• Perform peer review for solution changes, merge requests, and architecture enhancements.
• Participate in a weekly on-call rotation to ensure the highest levels of system availability.
• Work with peers to assign, prioritize and complete daily tasks.
• Perform other work as directed to support the business.
• Participate in the on-call rota.
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
• 2+ years installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows environments.
• Demonstrated experience in the administration of application stacks Active Directory
• Experience operating virtualization and backup software (e.g. VMware, CommVault).
• Experience scripting solutions (e.g. PowerShell).
• Experience with networking fundamentals (subnets, TCP/IP)
• Experience managing monitoring systems (e.g. SolarWinds, Splunk, PagerDuty).
• Experience with Windows patching tools (e.g. Ivanti).
• Hands-on experience in Incident and problem management (e.g. SNOW, Confluence).
• Experience documenting IT Hardware and Software architecture, how to guide, troubleshooting steps, training information, and other types as needed.
• Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Strong presentation and communication (oral and written) skills are a must.
• Skilled in establishing strong relationships across the organization and influencing others.
• Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally, sometimes through weekends.
• Experience with infrastructure solutions in a broadcast or digital environment a huge advantage.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpj68o-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.