This role is based in Bellevue, Washington and reports to the CTO Direct-to-Consumer (DTC). This role will have broad responsibilities across the DTC Technology org and work hand-in-hand with CTO and rest of the technology leadership team. This role will provide unique opportunity to work directly with global leaders across Discovery and learn about the business.
This role reports to the CTO Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) and works with the CTO and senior executives across the company to:
1. Assist the CTO in setting priorities and defining and articulating global technology strategy
2. Work with GMs for global DTC products to understand their goals and reflect them in global technology organization goals
3. Drive pan-organization special projects
4. Partner with finance in operational budget and headcount management process
5. Partner with recruiting in establishing global priorities and creating a recruiting strategy
6. Assist CTO in creating strategic presentations and documenting strategy
7. Organize strategic meetings such as offsites, annual goal setting and monthly goals review meetings
8. Participate in strategic meetings with CTO
In order to meet these objectives, the VP Strategy will be expected to
1. Author documents and presentations articulating global technology strategy and share with global stakeholders
2. Strong business acumen to understand local businesses and work with their owners on a regular basis
3. Strong ability to connect the dots and transfer learnings and best practices within the global technology teams
4. Strong communications skills to effectively disseminate priorities and strategy to different functions across the company
5. Ability to travel internationally (couple of times every quarter)
* MBA preferred
* Experience at a leading strategy consulting firm or equivalent experience at a leading media company
* Excellent project management and networking/interpersonal skills
* Strong analytical and influencing skills, including research and strategic insight as well as financial analysis.
* Strong written and oral communications skills.
* Team player and confident to be a key advisor for the senior management
* Ability to work within a matrix organization and adapt to and drive change
* Experience working internationally
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States and ability to travel internationally
bellevue, washington, wa, blv
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.