VP Product Creative and Copy
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs, and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services, from linear, free-to-air, and pay–TV channels, to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats.
Discovery's portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Motortrend, Animal Planet, Science Channel, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, and discovery+, a premium streaming service for many of Discovery's beloved brands.
Our talented and engaged Product, Design and Creative teams are passionate about our mission and responsibility building the future of Discovery+ and our direct to consumer products. If what gets you out of bed in the morning is doing phenomenal and engaging work, with a passionate team then this is the role for you.
About Discovery Global Product & Design
Discovery's Global Product & Design Group is a rapidly growing organization focused on developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands, including discovery+. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day, and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain, but improve the lives of our customers.
The VP of Product Creative & Copy will be responsible for leading, directing and driving the creative asset creation for all artwork for Discovery+ and our TVE/GO products. S/he will lead a team of creative and visual designers to set the direction, standards and systems to deliver best in class creative across our global products, platforms, services and experiences.
The VP will lead, build and coach the creative teams across the globe to ensure quality and standards are aligned with regards to creative and campaigns. S/he will work closely with Product, UX/D and Engineering teams to implement scalable tech assisted systems, asset automation and creative design systems that deliver personalized experiences for our global customers. S/he is responsible for maintaining the highest level of standards with regards to all aspects of on/off platform creative, series artwork libraries, product and UX Copy, templates and documentation; aligning internal/external teams with best in class results through testing, engagement and retention.
This role requires a combination of creative vision, strategic thinking, technical and analytical skills that complement the ability to collaborate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders, including executives, partner agencies and global creative/marketing teams. It's a mixture of hands-on leadership with a keen eye for detail, and the ability to align others through creative standards, testing, data and workflow efficiencies that can easily scale to multiple countries and languages.
• Provide hands-on leadership while managing a multi-disciplinary team of creatives, visual designers, strategists and writers to align global cross-functional teams.
• Define & Lead creative process and collaboration with Product, Brand Marketing, and Content Teams.
• Demonstrate and manage the highest creative and design standards - providing clear direction to team members, stakeholders, and outside agencies/vendors.
• Provide creative & visual direction for all product and platform creative, campaigns and asset development.
• Lead, develop and implement cross-organizational global creative systems and workflows for in-product and in-canvas assets, product landing pages and customer support experiences.
• Lead the global development, production and distribution workflows to maximize the efficient output of top-quality platform artwork, campaigns, app store screens and sales creative.
• Drive all creative testing and automation efforts for product and platform editorial/human assisted systems.
• Ensure alignment and compliance with brand style and tone of voice guidelines for all on platform creative including product landing pages, system generated content and emails, and supporting experiences.
• Lead global teams through the thoughtful implementation of concurrent high-profile projects and campaigns.
• Define, deliver and maintain all core creative and copy templates, guidelines, style guides and documentation for development of creative assets used across our global DTC platforms, services and experiences.
• Manage external teams, agencies and partners that supplement creative efforts in campaign development, branded partnerships, and platform artwork development.
• Align key stakeholders in marketing, business, sales, legal, distribution, product and content programming to ensure that plans are integrated and informed by global/regional priorities and policies.
• Champion and evangelize new systems and consistency for artwork, creative, video and motion graphics that are implemented across our global products, platforms and services.
• Identify/pursue new targets and opportunities that will advance organizational business goals.
• BS/BA degree required. A Master's Degree is a plus.
• 10+ years experience leading artwork development and delivery for media/entertainment SVOD services.
• 10+ years managing global creative teams, producers, creators and agencies in multiple locations/countries.
• 7+ years delivering creative and visual direction to global teams, regions, languages and territories.
• 7+ years experience with global streaming platforms that include multiple territories, teams and languages.
• Expert in organizing multiple concurrent projects and team management through effective communication.
• Ability to see the large picture, as well as rolling up your sleeves to drive data informed decisions quickly.
• Background working with Creative, UX/D, Product and Engineering teams as well as marketing and content.
• Experience creating and optimizing artwork for multiple product surface types: mobile, web, CTVs, & STBs.
• Demonstrated ability to work on complex and diverse scope of projects requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgment.
• Demonstrate proven experience with successful multi-platform campaigns and project delivery.
• Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and drive to take initiative, driving clarity through ambiguity.
• Proactive and enjoys finding innovative solutions, gaining input and driving alignment within matrix structure.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0n8me-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.