Programmatic Partnership Manager
Los Angeles, CA
About Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the US on January 4, 2021.
This role reports to the CMO Direct-to-Consumer (DTC). This role will have broad responsibilities across the DTC Marketing org and work hand-in-hand with the CMO and rest of the marketing leadership team.
• Partner with the CMO in setting priorities and defining and articulating the global marketing strategy
• Ensure consistent alignment between marketing and cross-functional stakeholders
• Drive pan-organization special projects that set global marketing standards and processes for the company
• Partner with finance in operational budget and headcount management process
• Partner with recruiting and P & C partners in establishing global priorities and creating a recruiting strategy
• Partner with other cross functional leads across content, product and analytics to calibrate on quarterly priorities and initiatives
• Assist CMO in creating strategic presentations and documenting strategy
• Be a key point of contact between employees at all levels of the organization regarding team health, project updates and strategic planning
• Organize team wide meetings such as offsites, annual goal setting and monthly goals review meetings
• Participate in strategic meetings with CMO
• Author documents and presentations articulating global marketing strategy and share with global stakeholders
• Exhibit strong business acumen to understand global and local businesses and work with their owners on a regular basis
• Demonstrate strong ability to connect the dots and transfer learnings and best practices within the global marketing teams
• Use strong communications skills to effectively disseminate priorities and strategy to different functions across the company
• MBA preferred
• Experience at a leading strategy consulting firm or equivalent experience at a leading media company
• Excellent project management and networking/interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and influencing skills, including research and strategic insight as well as financial analysis.
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Team player and confident to be a key advisor for the senior management
• Ability to work within a matrix organization and adapt to and drive change
• Experience working internationally
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States and ability to travel internationally
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22n65-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.