Discovery is seeking an enthusiastic Vice President to join our experienced and collaborative Digital Research and Consumer Insights team. This is a fantastic opportunity to generate and share insights with highly engaged stakeholders. Your work will span a range of both quantitative and qualitative research such as surveys, UX / UI testing, and focus groups, which will directly influence the development of digital products used by millions of customers – the newly launched discovery+ app, our suite of TV Everywhere apps (i.e. Discovery GO, TLC GO, HGTV GO, and more.), and our suite of digital websites and apps (i.e. HGTV.com, FoodNetwork.com, and Food Network Kitchen).
The ideal candidate is a passionate advocate for the customer, an effective communicator, has a solid background in both quantitative and qualitative research, and has experience managing others. This is a get-your-hands-dirty position where you will get to work on an awesome team full of super smart and curious people. It is an excellent opportunity for an experienced researcher to lead and grow a research team while building on their career in the exciting and ever-evolving world of streaming.
At its core, the role of this position is to ensure that key Product and Design team stakeholders have the consumer insights they need to make business decisions. This includes:
• Lead, develop, and mentor a global team of researchers that is tasked with all things product and UX-related research, heavily focused on our new streaming platform, discovery+
• Generate insights related to product strategy and communicate them in a compelling and creative way through storytelling and data visualization
• Collaborate with stakeholders to recommend and design appropriate research methodologies to answer questions from stakeholders
• Design and execute all phases of quantitative and qualitative research studies including RFP and research plan development, questionnaire writing, survey programming, analysis, and report writing
• Interface with research vendors, maintain those relationships and ensure projects are progressing smoothly
• Provide senior executives and product teams with actionable research to support strategy and product development
• Cross-pollinate research findings with marketing and content teams, as relevant
• Proactively identify areas where research or input are required
• Synthesize primary and secondary data from multiple sources (e.g. CivicScience, MRI, SNL Kagan,) to present a holistic analysis to identify market trends and customer insights which translate into measurable ideas and strategies.
• Stay abreast of competitive, television/streaming, and research industry news, trends, and methodologies
• 10+ years of experience designing, managing, and/or executing custom/primary research studies, preferably in digital subscription/streaming services or a digital media brands
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team of researchers; global experience an asset
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills that can collaborate cross-functionally as well as with research team counterparts
• Well-experienced and proficient in research specific but not limited to product and user experience
• Highly competent with qualitative research including focus groups, IDIs, and UX/UI testing.
• Experience with quantitative methodologies, such as MaxDiff, conjoint, derived importance, and Kano analyses
• Strong analytic and critical thinking skills; ability to translate research findings into easily digestible, actionable insights
• Highly organized and results-oriented with the ability to work within strict time constraints while balancing multiple projects
• Ability to be strategic as well as dive into the data to answer research and business questions
• Have a passion for entertainment content, streaming products, research, and technology
• Skilled in preparing effective and meaningful presentations with clear narratives and impactful insights to drive business decisions, using PowerPoint and/or Google Slides
• Experience with online usability tools, like UserTesting.com
• Experience with survey-based platforms, such as Qualtrics
• Experience with SPSS or other analytical tools such as R/SAS/SQL
• College Degree preferred
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw97m2-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.