New York, NY
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery’s global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, debuting in the U.S. on January 4, 2021.
The ideal candidate is an established leader of leaders, responsible for managing an area or department. You are responsible for defining the mission of your team, inspiring and motivating your team to pursue that mission, and setting strategic goals for them to achieve in that pursuit. You have a balanced understanding of business and technical objectives and your guidance is sought out because your decisions drive the best outcomes for both. You own a set of key performance indicators important to the business, and drive outcomes for the business by setting goals against these metrics.
• Ensure delivery of business critical goals
• Provide strategic and operational expertise to help scale up the business and execute vision/priorities
• Provide business critical change management leadership
• Develop and cultivate strong relationship with key stakeholders to drive the planning and execution of vital strategic and operational goals
• Develop and coach other members of the team
1. Strong experience in product and technology related to Cloud based microservices
2. 10+ years relevant experience in architecture, design, deployment and operations of large scale globally distributed platform and services
3. Exposure working across multi-disciplinary global teams across Cloud Infra, Platform services and automation tools towards self-serve self-healing systems.
4. Deep understanding of automated deployment and production service mgmt. in a multi-Cloud environment with experience in various technologies : AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Istio-Envoy, Prometheus, ELK, CICD flows, Build pipelines, ITIL workflows related to CM / RM, API gateway, Image registry, Docker, Container networking , container storage, data processing pipelines, etc
5. Has successfully implemented, migrated and operated large scale distributed Cloud based services
6. Has lead engineering and devops workflows following agile framework with strong bias to action while driving the teams to convergence on strategic deliverables.
7. Ability to restructure or reengineer organizational processes for a measurable positive impact on revenue generation with customer empathy mindset
8. Sets benchmarks independent of, and beyond, organizational best practice, based on a clearly defined understanding of what is possible.
9. Adopts a long-term perspective about the business and changing market needs
10. Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to interface with cross-functional teams, as a leader, in a professional and polished manner
11. Strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality using good judgment and an exceptional sense of accountability
12. High energy, strong team player, creative thinker, and strategic influencer.
13. Must be willing to travel
14. Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.