Technical Program Manager
The Vice President, Digital Ad Technology & Operations will oversee Discovery's team of Ad Tech, Ad Operations and Front-End Engineers with the goal of monetizing digital advertising revenue across Discovery Inc. owned and operated and distribution platforms. This VP will be responsible for defining, developing, managing and implementing long-term strategy and meeting the short-term goals of the business, as well as working alongside internal and external stakeholders to define and drive technical advertising projects, integrations and monetization of new product launches. Incumbent must demonstrate the capability to excel in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate deep knowledge of the market, leverage a deep understanding of SSAI Video Ad Serving, including in depth knowledge of DSP/SSP/LMA integrations and technology stacks as well as strategic knowledge of ORTB and future server side bidding architecture trends. The position requires the ability to debug OTT/CTV/Web based ad integrations and advise internal engineering teams as well as coordinate with vendors for ongoing mission critical support while leading the front end Ad Tech team responsible for these ad integrations for US ad sales . On the Operations side this position will be leading an Ops team responsible for direct sales campaigns as well as programmatic prioritization strategy and configurations. Ideal candidate will lead by example, translate corporate and sales vision into results, drive process improvements while developing skill sets of Digital Ad Tech/Operations team.
• Work closely with Digital Ad Sales leadership group to formulate and execute plans to drive advertising revenue to the digital business.
• Partner with internal stakeholders and team members to architect and execute multi-product technology solutions across Discovery Inc. owned and operated and distribution platforms.
• Work closely with stakeholders and product leads to communicate advertising business needs and timelines for TVE GO, Direct-To-Consumer and Site and Social platforms.
• Lead programmatic integration, strategy, management, and optimization.
• Develop deep relationships with Digital Product teams, align and influence best practices to build out and monetize digital products across our business model.
• Focus on a wide array of assignments including business development, sales operations and Ad Tech/Ops delivery strategies, as well as executive level product demonstrations.
• Assume the role of trusted advisor for driving innovative solutions forward while also improving business performance.
• Lead, manage and develop a talented team of Digital Ad Technology, Digital Ad Operations and Front-End Engineers. Provide stretch assignments and continuous development by engaging, motivating and acknowledging individual and/or team achievements.
• Evolve existing digital tools and service models aimed at maximizing user experience both internally and with direct clients.
• Strive for operational excellence and scale by rapid review and evaluation of what’s driving best results and forging operational improvements where needed.
• Delegation of projects and daily workload as needed.
• 10+ years of experience in Digital Ad Technology and/or Operations.
• Ability to manage an agile team in a fast-paced environment.
• Must possess strong management skills, strategic perspectives and business acumen to a group that is leading the advertiser growth and development area of our business.
• A thorough understanding of digital ad products, and measurement, TV Everywhere platforms and services, and programmatic advertising a must.
• Extensive knowledge of Freewheel, Operative, DSP and Google Ad Manager ad serving platforms required.
• Strong analytical skills and detail orientation to document process flows and diagnosis challenges on our Ad Servers.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously.
• Strong communicator who can facilitate synergy between Ad Sales, Ad Ops, and Ad Technology teams while fostering a positive environment that promotes growth.
• Serve as an escalation point for AdOps and sales for creative problem solving and troubleshooting.
• Support Ad Sales, Pricing and Planning, and Marketing to maximize revenue generation.
• Streamline processes for effectiveness and efficiency.
* Must have the legal right to work
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.