Global Team Associate
New York, NY
In this newly created position, the Vice President Discovery+ Revenue FP&A will provide strategic and commercial finance support to key growth areas of Discovery's US DTC Revenue . Reporting to CFO US Networks Revenue and accountable to the DTC organization, this leader will be responsible for significant executive and cross-functional stakeholder operation and communication, as well as working closely with DTC leaders and other finance teams to accomplish team objectives. This incumbent will forge cohesive and collaborative working relationships with multiple business and finance stakeholders to model both short and long-term financials, incorporate industry headwinds, lead the integrated long-range financial planning process, and present key findings to division leadership. The successful candidate will be an innovative and analytical thinker, with strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated track record of successful team leadership.
• Own end to end DTC revenue reporting and analysis in the US: work with accounting and billing to ensure accuracy and efficiency in reporting, run future looking planning including budgeting, forecasts and scenario analysis
• Work with the DTC leadership representing US Revenue Finance to identify and delivery growth opportunities including B2B distribution deal support
• Maintain robust and integrated operational and long-term models and associated analytics to support. Drive monthly financial review and analysis of the performance of DTC Revenue budgeting & forecasting.
• Will proactively valuate risks versus rewards for D+ and DNI next generation opportunities, likely revenue outcomes and performance versus budgets, accruals, and forecasts.
• Frequently, and under tight deadlines, develop ad hoc models to analyze multiple scenarios. Craft weekly and monthly financial reporting.
• Key partner with CFO US Networks Revenue, EVP CFO International and Global Digital and the Corporate FP&A leadership to develop quarterly Board of Director reporting, presentations, and ad-hoc analysis.
• Identify and analyze current and past trends and develop key performance indicators in areas including revenue, operating expenses, and capital expenditures.
• Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools.
• Guide Global FP&A Center of Excellence to streamline and produce modeling and data analysis in support of D+ launches, new business ventures, etc
• Bachelor's degree educated as a minimum. Have a minimum of 12+ years of financial management, analysis, reporting and business planning with strong strategic, analytical and finance skills.
• Demonstrated ability to construct long-range P&L and cash flow models, develop strategic insights and analytics and present key findings to business leaders and CFO's
• Adept at leading the production of detailed financial modeling, scenario analysis, insight generation and strategic plans.
• Strong shareholder value creation and strategic mindset with experience to develop and implement financial and analytical tools and processes to help drive value for the business.
• Will be a creative thinker, team player who can both lead and participate in cross functional projects.
• Ability to meet stringent deadlines and work under pressure.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills including ability to communicate financial concepts to non-financial people.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93b7m-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.