Director, Product Analytics
New York, NY
The Discovery Digital/DTC team works at the crossroads of technology and entertainment to bring content from iconic television brands to our audiences on digital and streaming platforms in the most delightful ways we can imagine and build. Our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – we seek to ignite people's curiosity to explore the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
Discovery is seeking an enthusiastic researcher/analyst to join our experienced and collaborative Digital Research and Consumer Insights team. This is a fantastic opportunity to generate and share insights with highly engaged stakeholders. Your work will span a range of both quantitative and qualitative research such as surveys, UX / UI testing, and focus groups, which will directly influence the development of digital products used by millions of customers – the newly launched discovery+ app, our suite of TV Everywhere apps (i.e. Discovery GO, TLC GO, HGTV GO, and more.), and our suite of digital websites and apps (i.e. HGTV.com, FoodNetwork.com, and Food Network Kitchen).
If you have a track record and passion for designing, executing, and uncovering insights through custom research and/or usability studies, then we would love to talk to you about joining our team in support of the VP of Digital Research and Analytics.
• Design, conduct and analyze qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person user testing studies for existing and future products.
• Design, conduct and analyze quantitative studies, such as surveys to evaluate impact of product changes and gather insights at scale.
• Work with researchers, product managers, and designers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Identify and explore new opportunities through creative research methods and co-design sessions to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy.
• Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers and marketing to ensure research delivered is integrated into every aspect of the product and provides a holistic view of our users.
• Synthesize and communicate research findings and insights to inform actionable decisions to different stakeholders.
• 3+ years of UX research, testing experience and survey design with large, cross-functional teams.
• Proven knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and tools, with experience implementing them.
• Exceptional ability to synthesize multiple inputs (reporting data, metrics, qualitative and quantitative insights) to arrive at recommendations that deliver customer-focused outcomes for the team.
• Experience integrating user research into product design practices.
• Exceptional communication and storytelling skills.
• Naturally inquisitive, positive attitude, open mind and detail-oriented.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly.
• Ability to manage and balance multiple (and sometimes competing) priorities in a fast-paced, complex business environment and can manage time effectively to consistently meet deadlines.
• Team player and relationship builder.
• Portfolio work samples focused on UX Research and Testing.
• BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Cognitive Sciences, or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience with digital products, streaming services, or subscription products are preferred.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5k121-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.