We are looking for an experienced and talented User Interface manager who can lead a team of designers and deliver best in class, user-centric products and experiences. The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams, with developers, UX designers and copywriters. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
• Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams.
• Work closely with UX & UI designers, product owners, product managers and developers.
• Lead UI designers by providing critical feedback, encouraging team members, and evaluating overall performance.
• Translate user flows and wireframes into mockups and interactive prototypes.
• Facilitate the product vision by designing, prototyping and user testing experiences for digital products.
• Design and deliver mockups optimized for a wide range of interfaces and devices (web, mobile, TVs).
• Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
• Make strategic design and user experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
• Take a user centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
• Create, improve and use mockups, prototypes, style guides and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
• Present and defend your design decisions, based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles.
• Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and design systems.
• Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry's standards.
• Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
• Degree in Graphic Design, Multimedia, Communication or similar.
• Five or more years of visual design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete multi-platform environments (web, mobile, TVs).
• Ability to lead, manage and influence internal and external teams.
• Expertise in design software such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Miro, Whimsical, Invision, Zeplin, Lookback, Maze.
• Experience in creating style guides and design systems.
• Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
• Ability to work with partners and stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet product needs and vision.
• Extensive experience in using design best practices and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
• Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
• A clear understanding of the importance of user centered design and design thinking.
• Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
• Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
• Research and showcase knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies.
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English/Spanish.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong portfolio to be presented and defended during interview.
Discovery DLA-USH is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22y85-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.