Full Time Job
TV Production Manager
- Full Time
Eurosport Events is seeking an experienced Production Manager to join its international production team in Paris. This role consists to manage production as a host broadcaster in the Events department across several sports properties – mainly in a motorsport environment.
The Production manager will be required to join the Events Staff to manage productions, ranging from small international shoots to Host multi-camera broadcasts. It also acts as an important operations point-of-contact between Eurosport Events markets, resource & facilities teams, production crew, vendors, brand partners, operations team and more - tracking plans and budgets, devising solutions for problems that inevitably arise in a live sport environment, and over-communicating to keep everyone in the know every step of the way. The role also partners with our internal technical and engineering teams, managing operational projects related to our technical production infrastructure.
• Anticipate and manage all aspect of production needs for Eurosport Events, working closely with content and ad sales teams, technical operations, and other stakeholders
• Partner with editorial leads to deliver superior production content & value
• Lead the planning & execution of production shoots and on-site events, including facility/equipment and personnel planning, scheduling, budgeting & logistics
• Develop, track, reconcile and own accountability for budgets and organization of multiple simultaneous productions
• Manage event calendar, track key deadlines & ensure effective communication with markets and internal stakeholders
• Coordinate with technical teams to ensure all production requirements are delivered
• Liaise with Resource Planners to ensure appropriate staffing levels & skillsets are in place on-site
• Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with outside production companies, equipment rental houses, post-production facilities, and freelance crews
• Lead and manage coordinators and freelance crew as required
• Continually challenge the status quo, identify improved ways of working and efficiencies
• Experience working in live, multi-sport event production
• Strong technical knowledge related to television & digital production
• Experience managing logistics of large-scale events
• Strong contract negotiation & budget management skills
• Global mindset with ability to communicate effectively in an int'l environment & work collaboratively across all areas of the business
• Ability to handle confidential information and interact with high-level executives and talent
• Strong organisational skills & attention to detail
• Forward thinking mindset embracing the D2C business
• Self-motivated & strong problem-solving approach required
• Ability to work under pressure & strict deadlines
• Experience in powerpoint and/or keynote software
• Fluency in English; other European languages an asset
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8k95-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.