The Treasury Senior Analyst is responsible primarily for the execution of all daily cash management activities, operations, and corresponding reporting. Responsibilities include the safeguarding and accuracy of cash transactions, assisting in the evaluation of daily liquidity, managing outstanding commercial paper and debt draws on the corporate revolver, acting as a liaison between business units and banking partners. The senior analyst will be responsible for preparing monthly treasury reporting. This position will also open/close bank accounts, complete all bank required documents and ensure the proper documentation is maintained. The Treasury Senior Analyst may be assigned other treasury related projects and will be expected to proactively identify process improvements.
Position Title: Treasury Senior Analyst
Location: Knoxville Office
Department: FI- Treasury
Reports To: Director, Global Treasury Operations
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for daily cash management activities and operations. Complete cash positioning, ensure adequate daily liquidity in various bank accounts, process wire transfer requests, invest excess cash balances, obtain current borrowing rates, balance and reconcile bank/investment accounts, calculate and facilitate the concentration of company funds, and follow-up and resolve open project tasks with banks.
• Act as a liaison between banking partners and operating units to assist in the implementation of banking services, assist in the research and evaluation of banking transactions, and provide general support to business units as it pertains to banking and treasury operations, including working with operating units to resolve posting errors and/or questions regarding cash entries.
• Coordinate with banking partners and business units to manage the setup and documentation related to opening, closing, and modifying bank accounts. Maintain accurate records and documentation of open/closed bank accounts and signatories.
• Provide assistance and support for department and company projects. Research, evaluate, and provide analysis related to integrating treasury operations for acquisitions and/or new businesses. Assist in the review and implementation of bank products and services.
• Provide ongoing analytical and transaction research support. Develop models and perform variance/trend analysis related to bank transactions, service fees, credit facility participation, budget accruals, and miscellaneous cash management/company projects.
• Manage the completion of investment reporting, cash forecasting, and month-end reporting including treasury's monthly accrual, bank fees, and debt instruments.
• Assist in supporting both internal and external audits of treasury and ensuring compliance with all treasury related controls and policies.
• Bachelor Degree in Finance/Accounting or related discipline
• 3-5 years of experience in treasury, accounting, finance/shared services
• Working knowledge of treasury operations, corporate payment methods, and general banking services and products
• Advanced proficiency with Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, and PowerPoint presentations
• Experience with online banking systems and/or treasury management systems and SAP is preferred
• Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) designation preferred or willingness to complete the certification
• Attention to detail, accuracy and strong organizational skills is a MUST
• Communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and virtually
• Prioritize and schedule work effectively and maintain a sense of urgency
• Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly in a remote environment
• Collaborate in a multi-location team environment
• An ownership mentality; willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to provide excellent customer service to internal stakeholders
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.