As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Warner Brothers Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people's curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
The Direct to Consumer Group is a technology company within the Warner Bros. Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network's brands globally. We are building modern container-based microservices operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and really much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery owned networks (Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, Discovery Play, and many more). This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Warner Bros. Discovery's future.
We are hiring release managers to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technical operations and workflows which give the organization a competitive edge and improve developer efficiencies.
The Release Manager will oversee a number of key functions within the product development environment that enable the delivery of a high-quality service to end users, and to ensure when we release changes to the service, it meets the business needs. This position is an executive stakeholder facing role and requires that you establish and manage expectations within the business and drive engineering teams to achieve those expectations to a high standard.
The ideal candidate will also have a track record of having managed releases at a global scale, multi-platform systems, with teams distributed internationally. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for the organization. You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgment making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative partner that makes other team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions. You provide mentoring to others.
• Scope & Complexity: You drive projects across more than one team, you have experience managing dependencies and stakeholders from external teams. You're able to take an ambiguous problem statement related to your subject-matter area to drive project deliverables over multiple iterations to achieve the right outcome.
• Decision Making: You are able to act as a representative for your area autonomously. Your decisions are right, far more often than not. You play a leadership role in your team: they look to you for advice on technical and business issues.
• Execution: You get a lot done and you make others around you more productive. You have a company wide view of how your programs or projects impact the bottom line and you constantly think about how to improve our ability to deliver large projects.
• Operations: You apply processes and standards thoughtfully with bias towards automation, identifying the right amount of process and structure to achieve the correct outcome with the least overhead.
• Influence: You play a leadership role in your team: they look to you for advice on the product direction, technical designs, and operations.
• Communication: Your written and verbal communication skills are exemplary, concise and to the point, making you the initial point of contact for business and technical stakeholders. You are the point of contact for data related to your product, services, and features.
• Operational and release management experience in an agile framework within a media or technology company preferred.
• Experience driving change in branching strategy, semantic versioning, sprint planning, dependency management, different test activities and release tracking.
• Experience working with DevOps teams to drive improvements in Release Engineering pipeline for automated tracking and reporting on release artifacts : JIRA items, sprint scope, bug report, test report, release notes.
• Experience in large scale global product launches thru a scalable automated release pipeline workflow leveraging CI/CD workflows and QA automation workflows.
• Experience of working with frontend (iOS, Android, Web, Roku, CTV), SDK, and backend engineering and QA teams to coordinate dependencies and release planning.
• Experience in change management processes.
• Experience working with global teams comprising product, engineering, QA, operations functional areas.
• Familiar with build and delivery tools similar to Maven, Gradle, Bazel for build, and GitHub Actions, Jenkins, Spinnaker, ArgoCD or similar for delivery.
• Experience with event driven architecture
• Excellent communication skills; able to champion the process, tools, and changes
• Exceptional organizational skill, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
• Ability to work well in a matrix environment with internationally based teams
• A proven track record of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently and take initiative, a self-starter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb56no-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.