Discovery is looking for a talented Technical Program Managers to join the Global Affiliate Integration team with responsibilities within the Set-top Box (STB) deployment workstream. We are looking for that rare candidate with technical background, exemplary written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to thrive with little process, direction, or oversight. This is a role inside a fast-paced start-up environment where we are also building process and structure befitting a major corporate entity. This position will appeal to a person who is excited by ambiguity and new product development while yearning to help shape project management practices to reduce this ambiguity over time.
The Direct 2 Consumer Group is a technology company within Discovery Inc. With streaming brands such as Discovery+, Food Network Kitchen, Golf TV, MotorTrend and Eurosport Player we build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications for Web, Mobile and Connected devices.
To support these experiences, we are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all our network's brands globally. Leveraging modern container-based micro- services operated on AWS, covering everything necessary for monetising a rich video streaming experience.
The ideal candidate communicates clearly, analyzes technical designs, organizes project timelines, secures commitments, manages risks, identifies the critical path, spots edge cases, triages bugs, reviews metrics & data, and monitors launch operations for large software projects. The ideal candidate can switch effortlessly between these modes adapting themselves to the needs of their workstreams. They are a strong self-starter and can analyse multiple sources to identify clear direction and focus for their projects. They are still comfortable with technical details when giving feedback to engineers on their projects.
• You have repeatedly demonstrated the ability to understand organizational and corporate goals and ensured that your projects delivered what was required to hit these goals. You have shipped multiple high impact projects and use data to assess their impact.
• You have experience with all phases of project delivery from concept to production, including defining features and deliverables, securing team commitments, establishing a project charter, handling all communication and reporting, overseeing development & deployment, and performing retrospective assessment using data and key performance indicators.
• You have demonstrated your written communication skills can be applied to business and technical documentation, when needed for your project, and have written multiple documents in multiple formats in your experience. Your documents are used as examples of good work by your peers.
• You have demonstrated the capacity to make decisions for more than one project or program area showing that your judgment is flexible.
• You can handle more than one project simultaneously and successfully.
• Technical background in video streaming or related field.
• Additional technical literacy such as professional experience with AWS services or front-end client development.
• Experience implementing Agile methodologies.
• Subject matter expertise in one or more CE connected devices; ideally media provider branded set- top boxes.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zpp9-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.