Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific, a division of the leading global entertainment provider Discovery Communications, is dedicated to satisfying curiosity, engaging and entertaining viewers with high-quality content. From survival to natural history, wonders of science to extreme jobs, motoring to travel and lifestyle, and the latest engineering marvels to live sporting events, each channel offers distinct must-watch programming to engage viewers across the region. For more information, please visit www.discoverycommunications.com.
Discovery Networks Asia Pacific focuses on factual, lifestyle and sports genres, mainly in the pay TV segment. Its market clusters cover South Asia, Southeast Asia, Northeast Asia and Greater China.
The Way We Work
In Asia, our culture and general leadership traits are in evolution as we migrate from being a traditional linear Pay TV business towards a convergent media and entertainment business that encompasses digital and mobile platforms. We are developing direct consumer relationships while still supporting our traditional platform partners with innovative solutions to help them grow and evolve their businesses. We are looking to embrace a 'maker' culture in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, youthful and low hierarchy setting akin to Silicon Valley tech firms. We are looking for the brightest candidates – driven by passion and curiosity, and who are not afraid to step out of their comfort zone – to support this journey.
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company's mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity. In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive, and grow in their careers.
Discovery's Direct to Consumer division is a newly established part of Discovery, Inc responsible for the end-to-end of Discovery+. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences.
Global Platform Services is a technology group within the Direct to Consumer division. Our group is the supporting backbone responsible for keeping all Direct to Consumer services going. In our team, we automate and enrich the experience of managing creative assets used for marketing campaigns globally across all mediums, everything from on-air promotions to the latest social media campaign.
About the Role
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to join our team in Singapore. Within this role, you will be managing a fast-growing global MarTech platform powering creative and marketing workflows for Direct-to-Consumer products such as discovery+. There are two aspects to this TPM role - managing internal tech delivery and collaborating closely with creative/marketing stakeholders on product enhancements and utilization.
• Lead planning, execution, and delivery of projects across global teams
• Anticipate bottlenecks and always be on the lookout for ways to overcome them
• Remove impediments from the tech team, making sure they have what they need to complete each sprint
• Be the point of escalation for any tech or customer-facing blockers
• Run sprint planning sessions, daily standups, retros
• Work closely with Tech Ops on operational readiness and vendor contractual matters
• Interface with vendors and partners for matters relating to the implementation
• Co-create release documentation and disseminate timely to all stakeholders
• Articulate new features and bugfixes in a way that customers or non-tech audience can appreciate
• Own relationships with our customers, making sure they are happy with our product and making full use of our platform
• Be the voice of our customers
• At least 5 years technical program/project management experience in a software product development environment
• Demonstrated ability to lead the design and development of complex applications
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience working in an agile environment with remote teams
• Strong communication and collaboration skills, proven ability to build and maintain relationships and to influence and lead without direct authority
• Strong sense of ownership for the success of projects from inception to rollout and maintenance; willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
• Ability to make decisions quickly and independently with minimal oversight
• Working experience with agile tools e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Slack integrations
• BS degree in computer science or a related field
• Background in digital media
• Experience in delivering enterprise-grade platforms, preferably in the MarTech space
• Able to make sense of requirements from creative and marketing stakeholders, and translate them into tech-speak for implementation
• Experience interfacing with customers
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88ky9-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.