As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people's curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
The Direct to Consumer Group is a technology company within the Discovery brand. We are building a content automation factory through our centralized cloud supply chain, along with a suite of applications to support all of our network's brands globally. We are building modern container-based micro-services operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, metadata curation, AI/ML optimization, and really much more. This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery's future.
We are hiring senior technical program managers to join our team. We focus on all aspects of automating content supply chain; metadata transformation, video/audio file manipulation, CDN integrations, and AI/ML-based personalization. The ideal candidate has a passion for design and analysis. You are not afraid to dig deep into process and use your knowledge to guide those you work with. The ideal candidate understands how to analyze operational workstreams and steer technical requirements based on that data. You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgement making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs.
• The ideal candidate communicates clearly with both internal and external stakeholders, organizes project timelines, secures commitments, manages risks, identifies the critical path, spots edge cases, reviews metrics & data, and monitors operations.
• The ideal candidate is a strong analyst and can work with business stakeholders to map out current and future processes and use this data to generate synergies.
• The ideal candidate is a strong self-starter and therefore can drill into business data and research results to identify clear direction and focus for their tasks, projects and programs.
• They continue to move forward in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge.
• The ideal candidate has had experience working with multiple partners and maintaining partner relationships.
• They have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects.
• They have experience in project management and agile development methodologies with a proven track record of delivering results.
• They must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
• You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgement making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs.
* At least 5 years technical program management experience in a software product development environment including direct experience in operational cloud computing applications.
* Proven design experience with SOA, design patterns, and web service technologies.
* A least 3 years business/systems analyst experience working alongside engineering teams
* At least 4 years software experience at an engineering level highly preferred.
* Proven experience as a technical leader. Demonstrated ability to lead the design and development of complex applications.
* Understanding of release management, incident management and how to work with interrupt driven teams.
* Strong sense of responsibility and ownership for the success of projects from inception to rollout and maintenance.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* A BS degree in computer science or a related field is required.
* Knowledge of video encoding and video delivery highly preferred
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d551e1-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.