- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Tech Operations Analyst
Our London-based Digital & Technology department is Discovery’s centre-of-excellence for digital product development and user engagement. We innovate and bring to life transformational video-on-demand products–redefining how lovers of Discovery’s content engage with the shows they know and love across the globe. As the Digital Product & Technology team continues to grow we’re now on the lookout for an enthusiastic, detailed orientated Tech Operations Analyst to support the Dplay Operation.
The Tech Operations Analyst will support the day-to-day running of the Dplay service across multiple platforms in Finland and possibly across the other Nordic territories (some travel may be involved). They will help create an environment that enable the delivery of a high-quality service to end users, and to ensure service support and service delivery processes are in place to meet business needs. The position is a stakeholder facing role and requires that you establish and manage expectations within the business and ensure the service is maintained to a high standard.
- The Tech Operations Analyst will support the day to day Dplay service specifically for Finland. Helping run daily check on the various platforms, web, mobile (iOS & Android) and connected devices to ensure that the service is operating effectively.
- Manage and triage all issues identified with the Finnish service, gathering as much information as possible to help identify the root cause of the problem. For example, help to run Charles logs, complete rigorous testing and work with the customer support teams to fully understand the issue/s.
- Work closely with the London service delivery team and Tech Operations centre (TOC) to escalate and manage issues through to a resolution.
- Work with the wider Dplay team to ensure we are operationally ready for all new deployments across product and technology. By helping to test the Dplay platforms post deployment to ensure that the service is operational and working.
- Work with the editorial and product teams to understand the full configuration of the Apps to understand how they work and function technically.
- Effective communication to stakeholders on project deliverables, risk, issues and dependencies
- Assist in maintaining high performing service operational support functions for Dplay
- Support continuous improvements of the service management process and make recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner
- Work with wider Dplay team to ensure actions are taken and completed to deliver improvements for the Dplay service.
Required skill and experience:
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks, manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently
- Strong communication and organisational skills. Ability to self-organise, take ownership of a project and drive it through to completion
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as independently
- Can-do attitude and willingness to learn new skillsets
- Good technical aptitude and understanding of the software development process, methodologies, tools and frameworks
- Able to build strong relationships and achieve results under potentially difficult circumstances
- Ability to manage and mitigate conflict within the team
- Proven ability to work well under pressure with a high degree of flexibility and a positive approach
- Produce detailed service quality reports to key audiences including senior management
- Strong customer service ethos, committed to quality, with the will and enthusiasm to drive improvements
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience in working across territory
- Strong problem solving and analytical mind set
- In-depth understanding of digital (OTT) and broadcast technology
- Experience with multilingual application development and roll-out
- Finnish and English speaker
The position is fixed-term with a duration of one year, with possibilities of extension or becoming permanent. CV and applications need to be submitted in English as our London recruitment team will assist in this recruitment process. Please apply latest on Wednesday, 2 December.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.