Manager, Fan Relations
The Team Lead will be responsible for resolving escalated interactions with our digital consumers, troubleshooting issues, researching potential bugs, and working closely with other team members to ensure errors are reported, prioritized, and resolved. The Team Lead will also be responsible for first level coaching and support of our front-line team members. He or she must have strong interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills and have the capacity to respond to requests with varying degrees of complexity in a short amount of time. Must be a quick learner and nimble with a strong ability to multitask and must be familiar with digital apps and connected devices such as Roku, AppleTV, and Smart TVs. This position will be based in Knoxville, TN and report to the Manager of Fan Relations.
Discovery, Inc. is looking for an efficient communicator and problem-solver to join our Fan Relations team. Fan Relations is a customer support function under Corporate Communications and assists every department and all of Discovery’s U.S. networks including Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery and Animal Planet to name a few. From digital products across multiple platforms to linear pilots, sweepstakes launches, website redesigns, corporate and legal escalations, Fan Relations constantly provides top-level customer service to consumers, internal clients, and business partners. We are seeking an adept storyteller and skilled strategist to join our team as a virtual leader in all aspects as we assist fans with our apps as well as linear and digital content.
Discovery brands continue to grow globally and across platforms, and Fan Relations is building media strategies and systems that meet world-class standards for which Discovery is known. Our company is evolving as we expand from a traditional linear pay TV business towards a convergent media and entertainment business that encompasses digital and mobile.
This shift is four days a week, 10 hours a day.
• Friday, 1P - 12A
• Saturday, 1P - 12A
• Sunday, 1P - 12A
• Monday, 1P - 12A
• Interact daily with customers via email, chat, app stores, social platforms, and other forms of communication ensuring the customer’s inquiry is responded to and resolved within SLA and target goals
• Act as team lead to escalate high-priority issues to internal business partners
• Act as POC for team members and internal stake holders during hours and times when the Specialist or Manager is not scheduled
• Deliver world-class, proactive customer service to internal and external stakeholders
• Showcase advanced analytical skills to identify, gather, and organize information as it pertains to apps and web platforms
• Participate in and facilitate special projects as required
• Attend assigned taskforce meetings and report status updates to leadership
• Generate strategies for identifying and onboarding new digital workflows
• Identify and champion strategic cross-platform ideas on a proactive basis and in response to client requests
• Be accountable for service-level agreements
• Assist with employee training in the operation of equipment and in established processes
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent customer service leadership experience
• Knowledge of mobile apps, connected devices, and TVE technology
• Experience with Zendesk is preferred
• Proficiency with Office Suite and demonstrated competency in learning new software
• Strong technical skills and ability to type at least 45 words per minute
• Capability of crafting consumer-facing communications in an adept way to resolve issues and maintain consistent branded voice
• Ability to think strategically, assess opportunities, and provide creative solutions to complex problems while remaining flexible and adaptable
• Ability to independently multitask and manage a varied portfolio of projects with unique needs in a deadline-driven environment that requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Superior customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to interact and support different levels within the organization
• Commitment to teamwork through relationship-building, reliability, trust, and collaboration
• Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.