Support Social Media
Over 25 years, Eurosport has established itself as a household name for live sports. Now, Discovery has re-energised Eurosport to connect fans and thletes around the sports they love.
The new Eurosport tells great sport's stories of human perseverance, achievement and inspiration told by the best experts. Eurosport immerses viewers and feeds their passion with memorable experiences in a bigger, more innovative way.
Delivering quality and live content first, Eurosport produces authentic, premium and innovative content, on linear and digital platforms.
It combines expertise, passion and resources to develop high-value programmes and offer unrivalled coverage to viewers in 99 countries, in 21 languages. Having secured the exclusive European broadcast rights for the Olympics until 2024, there's no better time than now to join Eurosport on this incredible adventure!
The Supervisor Playout and Media Management is responsible to prepare, configurate, maintain and operate all local live window playout operations and day to day media assets transfers of all program and media elements in the new local Eurosport Germany production facilities in the greater Munich area. The position requires a detailed understanding in configurating and operating playlists in the automation system, the central media asset management system including ingest/outgest and connected broadcast server systems.
This position is based on a Monday-Sunday working pattern, 40h a week and includes 7 day per week on-call status to respond to broadcast emergencies.
All applications must be submitted with a cover letter.
• Operate the network control system-based preparation and configuration of all playout and media asset management equipment.
• Liaise closely with Eurosport Germany production, the local resource booking, the local broadcast operations, post-production and graphics operations and the relevant central Eurosport playout and media asset management departments.
• Work as a media asset management operator collating, ingesting, QC, logging and managing live recordings of all program and media elements required by the local production, post-production and live window playout operations.
• Work as a playlist operator to configurate and operate the automation playlist for local live window broadcastings of sports events.
• Fault find and coordination of the maintenance of all media asset management and automation IP equipment in the local production facilities.
• Supervise playlist and media asset management operators.
• BSc/BA degree (Broadcast Engineering or Media Technology) or comparable professional qualification paired with working experience in the area broadcast production, operations and play out of live sports events.
• Experience and understanding of cloud broadcasting, remote and traditional production and the associated processes for producing live sports events.
• Up to date knowledge regarding UHD and HD Video-/Audio Broadcast formats and the principles of its transmission and file encoding formats including file transfer mechanisms and QC processes.
• Demonstrable knowledge with relevant (IP based) equipment such as: automation (GV product), MAM (GV stratos), broadcast server (GV Live Touch), ingest/outgest (Signiant Mediashuttle), editing (Adobe Premiere, After effects), graphics (VIZrt).
• Familiar with relevant software such as: long and short term program scheduling (Whats ON), rights management (RSG media), content management system (Content Explorer), ad server (mydas), resource scheduling software (XYtech media pulse), network control systems (ATOS BNCS).
• Network and IP infrastructure knowledge including a good understanding of the latest IP standards.
• Used to working under pressure in a fast-paced live TV production environment.
• Strong interpersonal and organisational skills, ability to communicate clearly and to effectively prioritise and execute tasks to meet timelines.
• Excellent English and German communication in spoken and written.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx4wzd-3-226-72-118-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.