Software Development Engineer
New York, NY
Description & Responsibilities
The Discovery Digital Team is looking for a Digital Project Manager to join the team and support the Digital DTC & TVE business with managing the development process and execution of a full suite of digital products and services.
You will be responsible for managing the process of carrying features through the full product lifecycle – ensuring proper documentation of product requirements, user stories, user testing, wireframes, flow diagrams, testing and other supporting information. You will be at the intersection between the business, product managers, and developers.
This role will work closely with product management, design, engineering, editorial, advertising and marketing teams to define and deliver features and enhancements that will drive engagement and revenue for Discovery Digital.
• Manage the digital product roadmap, achieving internal consensus and incorporating feedback from a range of sources to ensure the roadmap ensures the right features are delivered at the right time.
• Lead product development teams to success, transcending reporting lines while generating a strong team culture, and an ever improving process.
• Manage the product lifecycle including managing distribution of internal testing and update releases.
• Contribute to the delivery of high-quality products as perceived by the end user, measured against satisfaction metrics.
• Prioritize and effectively manage development time to maximize return on investment.
• Ensure complex business needs are perfectly documented and reflected in product roadmaps and in the resulting products and solutions.
• Provide strong team leadership – lead by example, gain context, and roll up your sleeves.
• Work successfully within a milestone-driven environment, utilizing traditional and innovative product development processes.
• Contribute to on-time, on-budget delivery of products and features.
• Bachelor’s degree with a preference for candidates with a PMP, CSM, or similar Certification
• Minimum 4 years of digital project management experience.
• Experience working with the Agile project management process, Jira, and Confluence
• Bias towards action, and a demonstrated ability to break down work and identify the highest value, lowest-effort items.
• Detailed knowledge of Agile development practices and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-impact features at scale.
• Experience working in a start-up environment and across all stages of the product life-cycle.
• Experience of using analytical tools to monitor success of features and influence changes to the product.
• Understand UI/UX and usability and be able to apply it to the product.
• Experience working with a mixture of in-house and outsourced or offshore teams. Flexibility to work across time zones and cultures.
• Excellent written and oral communication. Able to write and present to non-digitally-savvy audiences.
• Experience of stakeholder management in a matrixed environment.
• Able to apply sound judgment to make decisions in line with the overall development strategy and process.
• A passion for problem solving and continuous improvement.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.