Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing innovative and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day, and bring new interactive experiences to life to entertain and improve the lives of our customers
The Senior Program Manager will help the direct-to-consumer (DTC) Product and Design leadership and team members plan and execute initiatives across DTC product, design, and product operations. This Senior Program Manager will support the strategy, planning, and execution for our product releases and product beta testing across all products, devices, and all countries where Discovery has customers. The Senior Program Manager will drive weekly business operations that bring together the needs of our Product, Technology, Marketing, and new country launch teams to ensure we are forward looking in our release calendar, and that we're always looking for how to improve the communications, process, and tools for how we release new product.
A successful person in this role will have strong program planning, execution, and problem-solving skills. They will communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally. They will build effective and productive relationships by fostering trust and communicating clearly. They will be organized, have a bias to act quickly, enjoy diving into details and data, and be curious to learn all facets of the program. They will also be bold to advise program leadership on what can be improved, what the team needs to thrive, and what activities should be prioritized. To do this well they will effectively collaborate across disciplines in a matrixed and geographically diverse team.
• Drive the strategy, planning, and execution for the release planning of Discovery+ and improve our operations across program workstreams, including product, engineering, finance, and product operations.
• Lead the sign off planning and communication for final release builds with product and tech
• Build the tools and process for how we track and plan for releases that covers all features, platform updates, devices, and countries where Discovery+ has customers.
• Lead the communication and improvements for the recent performance of launches.
• Clearly communicate to the broad team and Discovery+ leadership release status, updates, risks and the mitigation, and issues along with the plans to resolve the challenges.
• Foster effective collaboration and systems that help teams executive and improve their work streams.
• Enhance program mechanisms and processes to support a culture of continuous improvements.
• 3+ years of experience as a program or project manager within a technology or digital organization.
• Experience contributing in valued roles on high profile, multi-faceted programs.
• Experience working with senior and/or executive leadership.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and a high-degree of follow-through.
• A love of working closely with others to empower them to excel.
• Curiosity and a willingness to learn.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3veq9-34-239-179-228-42 in your application.