The Senior Program Manager will help the direct-to-consumer (DTC) Product and Design leadership and team members plan and execute initiatives across DTC Product, Design, and Product Operations. This Senior Program Manager will support key roadmap strategy, planning, communication, and execution for a global, centralized Product and Design team of +250 Product Managers and Product Designers. The Senior Program Manager will drive weekly business operations used to coordinate, collaborate, and execute programs. To do this well they will effectively partner with Product and Design leaders and collaborate across disciplines in a matrixed and geographically diverse team.
A successful person in this role will have strong program planning and execution skills, in-depth change management experience, and superior problem-solving skills. They will communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally. They will build effective and productive relationships by fostering trust and communicating clearly. They will be organized, have a bias to act quickly, enjoy diving into details and data, and be curious to learn all facets of the program. They will also be bold to advise program leadership on what can be improved, what the team needs to thrive, and what activities should be prioritized.
What You Will Do
• Drive strategy for how we plan, execute, and improve our product roadmap operations across program workstreams, including Product, Design, Engineering, People and Culture, Finance, and Product Operations.
• Develop and refine prioritization mechanisms for how our global product roadmap adapts to changes.
• Lead the alignment of product roadmaps across multiple teams, in multiple countries.
• Clearly communicate to the broad team and Discovery+ leadership roadmap status, updates, risks and the mitigation, and issues along with the plans to resolve the challenges.
• Plan and help execute how Product and Design build long term strategies for Discovery technology that will reach customers in every country.
• Ensure consistent roadmap priorities, process, and tools across all teams.
• Lead improvements in our tools and process based on feedback from your customers, identifying areas for improvement, and recognizing opportunities.
• Foster effective collaboration and systems that help teams executive and improve their workstreams.
• Enhance program mechanisms and processes to support a culture of continuous improvements.
• Lead cross-functional teams through operational changes to drive effective and efficient workstreams.
• 3+ years of experience as a program or project manager within a technology or digital organization.
• Experience contributing in valued roles on high profile, multi-faceted programs.
• Experience working with senior and/or executive leadership.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and a high degree of follow-through.
• A love of working closely with others to empower them to excel.
• Curiosity and a willingness to learn.
• Must have the legal right
Want to Learn More?
Learn more about our company culture and life at Discovery, Inc. at https://corporate.discovery.com/
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o65v-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.