As Sr. Product Manager for Discovery Digital Media, you'll help shape the strategy, and drive the execution and successful delivery of our top-rated TV Everywhere apps across Discovery's US TV brands (such as Discovery, HGTV, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, Science, and Travel Channel, among others). You'll thrive in making impactful decisions for brands that customers know and love, based on user data and research. Your passion will be to discover, develop and ship products and features that deliver both meaningful benefit to our users and strategic success for our company.
Day-to-day, you'll succeed by learning what's worth doing that is simultaneously usable, valuable, and feasible, through utilizing product discovery and design thinking. You'll connect regularly with customers to become expert on our audience and industry. You'll lead and motivate a dedicated, cross-functional Agile team by communicating vision, authoring user stories, prioritizing the backlog, and coordinating regularly and clearly with partners and stakeholders.
As the ideal candidate, you're a driven, passionate advocate for your customers and your business, with a sense of urgency to make things better wherever you are. You're always handy with a strong point of view, but you're open-minded and can admit when you're wrong. Your teams love working with you because you're a pleasure to be around and lead through inspiration and motivation rather than rules and hierarchies. A good story has made your way more than a good data point, but you've always got both at hand.
If this sounds like you, and you're excited to work with great people and the global leader in real life entertainment, we'd love to meet up!
• Develop deep understanding of the customer, data, business, and industry
• Set, articulate, and advocate product vision and strategy
• Define and build consensus on meaningful metrics for success
• Prioritize features and enhancements in story backlog
• Build and maintain product plans to create value for users and grow the business
• Author use cases and user stories and build shared understanding
• Discover opportunities worth pursuing through rapid experimentation via product discovery, A/B testing, and design thinking methods
• Identify and map customer goals, values and needs more than ''wants'' or ''table stakes''
• Inform decisions with qualitative and quantitative data
• Ensure good communication and transparency by partnering with internal teams including editorial, marketing, advertising, business development, etc
• Coordinate with product peers and their teams to share learnings and ensure quality cross-platform experience
• 2-3 years product management experience
• TVE/DTC/Connected TV/Mobile/native app industry and domain experience
• Deep empathy for customers and other humans
• Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
• Exceptional storytelling skills
• Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
• Strong user experience sensibilities
• Strong experience with analytics, user research to drive decisions
• Strong experience with Agile methodologies
• Ability to speak fluently with business people, partners, engineers
• Experience with Product Discovery, Design Thinking, Lean Product a plus
• Experience as a designer, developer, data analyst or user researcher a plus
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvoqxj-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.