About Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the US on January 4, 2021.
About the Role
Discovery is looking for a customer obsessed Sr. Product Manager to lead product development for Discovery Direct-to-Consumer's Device and Platforms team. This team is integral to our new global streaming service, discovery+. You'll be accountable for the product's growth and global expansion on our key platforms. You'll also help shape the strategy and future of our top-rated TV Everywhere GO apps across Discovery's US pay TV brands (Discovery, HGTV, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet and more).
You thrive in making impactful decisions and prioritizing what to build for brands that customers know and love, based on user data and research. Your passion will be to discover, develop and ship products and features that deliver both meaningful benefit to our users and strategic success for our company.
Day-to-day, you succeed by determining what is simultaneously usable, valuable, and feasible, by utilizing product discovery and design thinking. You connect regularly with customers to become expert on our audience and industry. You lead and motivate a dedicated, cross-functional Agile team by communicating vision, authoring user stories, prioritizing the backlog, and coordinating regularly and clearly with partners and stakeholders.
As the ideal candidate, you're a driven, passionate advocate for your customers and your business, with a sense of urgency to make things better wherever you are. You have a strong point of view, but you're open-minded and can admit when you're wrong. Your team loves working with you because you're a pleasure to be around and lead through inspiration and motivation rather than rules and hierarchies. A good story has made your way more than a good data point, but you've always got both at hand.
If this sounds like you, and you're excited to work with great people and the global leader in real life entertainment, we'd love to connect!
• Become the foremost expert for your platform and products down to the metal.
• Develop a deep understanding of the customer, data, business, and industry.
• Set, articulate, and advocate product vision and strategy with your respective development and UI/UX teams.
• Communicate vision, strategy, objectives and KPIs for new features with ability to influence cross-functional teams. Define and build consensus on meaningful metrics for success.
• Manage and mentor product managers and associate product managers, helping them enhance their skills and grow their careers.
• Lead associate product managers and business analysts to prioritize features and enhancements in the backlog with tech peers.
• Prioritize and triage bugs with associate product managers and business analysts and work closely with QA and developers on their resolution.
• Discover new opportunities worth pursuing through rapid experimentation, customer research, A/B testing, and design thinking. Inform decisions with qualitative and quantitative data.
• Ensure good communication and transparency by partnering with internal teams including engineering, editorial, customer support, marketing, advertising, analytics, business development, etc.
• Create global requirements in partnership with specialized product teams, including video player, customer experience, accounts and billing, and localization and more.
• Author and contribute feedback to business documents consisting of product briefs, epics, user stories, and functional requirements.
• Support and sign off on bi-weekly code releases and feature deployments; build credibility by ensuring high quality, defect-free product releases.
• Own the roadmap for collaboration with other device and platform product managers. Make decisions driven by shared goals that have an outcome and impact focus.
• Collaborate with operational excellence, release management, tech leads and project managers to improve and develop new tools and processes.
• 5+ years product management experience.
• Strong experience using analytics and user research to drive decisions
• AVOD/SVOD/TVE/DTC domain experience is a plus.
• Experience and background in SEO analysis and implementation practices is a plus.
• Experience with accessibility best practices is a plus.
• Deep empathy for customers, their motivations, goals and pain points.
• Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
• Ability to work on multiple projects at once, prioritize and execute a large number of tasks, and resolve issues quickly.
• Strong user experience sensibilities
• Strong experience with Agile methodologies and product development tools.
• Experience with frameworks, including Product Discovery, Design Thinking, Lean Product a plus
• Experience as a designer, developer, data analyst or user researcher a plus
• Strong communicator, skilled at aligning business stakeholders and managing shifting priorities
• Experience of working within both global and territory specific environments a plus
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wv11-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.