Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences.
We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the US on January 4, 2021.
The Sr. Product Manager is an expert in building member features and experiences that drive engagement and loyalty for Direct-to-Consumer services across multiple platforms including Mobile and Connected TV. They will focus on optimizing existing and creating new experiences at key moments in the member journey, all geared toward keeping discovery+ members with us longer. They will also have a keen eye for identifying pain points and minimizing friction for members.
The ideal candidate has strong domain experience in retention for Direct-to-Consumer businesses and has experience in working at large scale. Experience in video streaming services is desirable.
The Sr. Product Manager will be a bridge between our Product & Design and Technology teams.
• Lead workstreams within the global product team, working across both global and territory specific use cases.
• Own the roadmap for the area: Communicate a clear set of consumer needs at all times to drive key decisions and prioritization.
• Product lead on multiple features in the area: Identifying required initiatives, partnering closely with the Data Analytics and UXR teams to gather and deep dive into research, data and competitive analysis, defining requirements and working with Design squad members to produce member experiences. Own PRFAQ documents to specify requirements and features.
• Plan and drive the member engagement and retention strategy in order to minimize friction and make customer journeys straightforward.
• Develop global requirements for new member retention features and experiences (for new and existing members), with an eye toward driving innovation in the space.
• Define and prioritize business & customer requirements consisting of epic charters, user stories, and functional requirements.
• Communicate vision, strategy, objectives and KPIs for new features with ability to influence cross-functional teams.
• Participate with the wider global team to improve and develop new tools and processes.
• Identify bugs, report them and work closely with Technical teams on their resolution.
• 5+ years of demonstrable member engagement and retention experience as a product manager, across multiple platforms.
• Strong understanding of the DTC space and competitive dynamics.
• Data guided with experience in engagement and retention metrics, generating business insights through AB testing and usage of various analytics / BI tools.
• Demonstrable experience in delivering large scale, high impact programs of work with significant KPIs/business impact.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at once, prioritize and execute a large number of tasks, and resolve issues quickly.
• Autonomous personality and interested in taking initiatives and leading on projects.
• Strong communicator, skilled at aligning business stakeholders and managing shifting priorities.
• Experience of working within both global and territory specific environments.
• Prior experience working within portfolio management systems (ex: Trello, Asana, Confluence) and bug tracking systems (eg: JIRA).
• Previous experience collaborating with complex cross-departmental teams to launch features in an Agile environment.
• Direct experience in detailed planning and prioritization of epics and roadmapping feature requests.
• Previous experience in a digital product management role and functional knowledge of related technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to create Business Requirements Documents with little oversight.
• Problem solving and a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5wmx-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.