About Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences.
We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the US on January 4, 2021.
The Sr. Product Manager for New Market Expansion brings product management expertise and deep understanding of launching and optimising SVOD products in new markets. The New Market Expansion team's mission is to lead the expansion of discovery+ into new markets and ensure that our product meets the needs of local customers and business in each country / region it is available in.
The ideal candidate will have experience in launching and / or localising SVOD products in new markets as well as the capability to maintain relationships with global stakeholders. They will also have the ability to proactively optimize latest data and insights for actionable enhancements to the product. They come with a strong background in subscription Direct-to-Consumer businesses and have experience in working at large scale, matrix-ed organisations. Regional market expertise and experience with onboarding affiliate partners is desirable.
The Sr. Product Manager will be a bridge between our Cross-Functional teams, including but not limited to Product, Marketing and Technology teams, as well as Local and Regional Stakeholders.
• Lead the Regional Product workstream within the New Market Expansion team and overall Global Product team; creating alignment across key local stakeholders and key central engineering, product, technology and marketing teams. Work across both global and territory specific use cases.
• Develop local product requirements for new market launches, working closely with local / regional stakeholders and relevant cross-functional central teams for the launch of a market
• Define emerging local product requirements for live services once market is launched, working closely with local / regional stakeholders and relevant cross-functional central teams
• Work with key teams, including Global Partner Integration, to define partner requirements that allow discovery+ to grow internationally
• Support local business teams as they make business pitch and define GTM plan
• Serve as knowledge expert for the local product landscape (competitors, trends etc.); understand local customers, local device profile, access patterns, and behavior characteristics
• Help define product strategy and scope for features and functionality required for expansion as the product is launched in a new market
• Conduct research and competitive analysis on existing services in regions
• Develop detailed documentation on new market launches, including PRFAQs and / or Product Briefs that serve as a centralised source of information
• Detail tickets in JIRA to document requirements for new market launches
• Develop Affiliate Journeys - Coordination with business teams to define requirements for the affiliate users journeys in region
• Work closely with Design and Engineering to define and build features as needed
• Understand local KPIs and work with core team to optimise areas of improvement to ensure regional discovery+ experience is optimised
• Serve as product liaison between product and regional stakeholders; educate product teams on local needs
• Communicate vision, strategy, objectives and KPIs for new features and requests from regional teams with ability to influence cross-functional teams
• Communicate product requirements to leadership and relevant stakeholders; lead presentations to wider audiences and stakeholders
• Develop and maintain relationships with key regional stakeholders
• Report regional progress and proactively identify new opportunities for expansion
• 5+ years of demonstrable deep Product Management experience
• Experience of working within both global and territory specific environments - regional experience preferred
• Experience leading team in matrix-ed organisation
• Demonstrated ability to create Business Requirements Documents with little oversight
• Ability to lead project end to end (from conception through to execution)
• Experienced in conducting research using up to date sources and tools with little oversight
• Strong understanding of AVOD and SVOD marketplaces and competitive dynamics
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills across all levels of interlocutors
• Ability to work on multiple projects at once, prioritize and execute a large number of tasks, and resolve issues quickly
• Proactivity associated to a ''can do'' way of working
• Problem solving and a positive attitude in a fast pace environment
• Works autonomously, taking initiatives and lead on projects
• Strong communicator, skilled at aligning business stakeholders and managing shifting priorities.
• Prior experience working within portfolio management systems (ex: Trello, Asana, Confluence) and tickets tracking systems (ex: JIRA)
• Prior experience collaborating with complex cross-departmental teams to launch features in an Agile environment
• Direct experience in detailed planning and prioritization of epics and road mapping feature requests.
• High comfort level in analytics and generating business insights from data trends
• Must have the legal right to work in the United Kingdom or United States
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rekz02-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.