Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences.
We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the US on January 4, 2021.
The Sr. Product Manager is an expert in onboarding (subscription) and payment journeys at a scale for Direct-to-Consumer services across multiple platforms including Direct Billed web platforms and In App Purchase experiences across Mobile and Connected TV platforms. They will focus on optimising and enhancing onboarding experiences for new and existing customers and have a keen eye for identifying pain points and minimising friction for consumers.
The ideal candidate has strong domain experience in subscription Direct-to-Consumer businesses and has experience in working at large scale. Experience in video streaming services is desirable.
The Sr. Product Manager will be a bridge between our Product & Design and Technology teams.
• Lead workstreams within the global product team, working across both global and territory specific use cases.
• Own the roadmap for the area: Communicate a clear set of consumer and commercial needs at all times to drive key decisions and prioritization.
• Product lead on multiple features in the area: Identifying required initiatives, gathering research, data and competitive analysis, defining requirements and working with Design squad members to produce customer experiences.
Own PRFAQ documents to specify requirements and features.
• Plan the Subscriptions and Payments strategy in order to minimize friction and make customer journeys straightforward, while maintaining a keen focus on conversion optimisation at all times.
• Develop global requirements for Onboarding Journeys (for new and existing customers), account creation, payment capture and taxation needs.
• Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements (global and in territory) for customer journeys and payments and contractual obligations with platform partners and payment processors.
• Partner with the Design, Product & Technology organizations to develop additional capabilities across the Subscriptions & Payments workstream.
• Define and prioritize business requirements consisting of epic charters, user stories, and functional requirements.
• Communicate vision, strategy, objectives and KPIs for new features with ability to influence cross-functional teams.
• Pipeline reporting
• Participate with the wider global team to improve and develop new tools and processes
• Identify bugs, report them and work closely with Technical teams on their resolution
• 5+ years of demonstrable deep Subscriptions and Payments experience as a senior product manager. Understands the space, has managed multiple customer experiences and has a strong delivery track record at scale.
• Strong understanding of e-commerce, AVOD and SVOD marketplaces and competitive dynamics.
• Data driven with experience in conversion and optimisation metrics, generating business insights and using Analytics toolsets.
• Demonstrable experience in delivering large scale, high impact programmes of work with significant KPIs/business impact.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at once, prioritize and execute a large number of tasks, and resolve issues quickly
• Proactivity associated to a ''can do'' way of working
• Problem solving and a positive attitude in a fast pace environment
• Autonomous personality and interested in taking initiatives and lead on projects
• Strong communicator, skilled at aligning business stakeholders and managing shifting priorities
• Experience of working within both global and territory specific environments.
• Prior experience working within portfolio management systems (ex: Trello, Asana, Confluence) and bug tracking systems (ex: JIRA).
• Previous experience collaborating with complex cross-departmental teams to launch features in an Agile environment.
• Direct experience in detailed planning and prioritization of epics and road mapping feature requests.
• Previous experience of digital product management role and functional knowledge of related technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to create Business Requirements Documents with little oversight.
• Must be willing to travel as required.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United Kingdom.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxpq3-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.