About Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences.
We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the US on January 4, 2021.
We are hiring a Sr. Product Manager - Acquisition, to lead the strategy, and execution of all customer acquisition related activities. They will focus on features and capabilities that will maximize exposure, minimize customer acquisition cost, and optimize discovery+ for subscription growth globally. This role will own, drive, and manage the strategy, roadmaps, and successful delivery of all growth and acquisition opportunities. The Sr. Product Manager, Acquisition will be a creative, business-oriented product leader who can think big to drive major growth strategies. They will work cross-functionally to develop innovative acquisition features, implement scalable solutions, and ensure an end-to-end world class experience. They will collaborate with the engineering team to prioritize, build, and enhance acquisition strategies. They build trust with people from all areas of the business and have a proven track record. They are relentlessly customer obsessed and always strive for win-win solutions.
An ideal candidate will be a driven, passionate advocate to deliver the best product experience for customers, and innovative solutions for the business. This person will get excited about data-driven decisions, have an insatiable intrinsic curiosity, build for scalable repeatable solutions, and obsess about the customer. They will have a passion for driving growth through creative acquisition initiatives, always aware of the next opportunity or limit in a fast-paced, frequently changing area. They are a contributor that the team loves to work with because they inspire, develop, and care for their teammates. They build trust with people from all areas of the business and have a proven track record of success. This leader takes end-to-end ownership and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment.
• Partner with senior product, content, engineering, data, business, and marketing leaders to determine the strategic goals, plans, and operating practices needed to develop a consumer-first global roadmap for how we capitalize on acquisition opportunities across our platforms• Collaborate with customers, team members, and outside influencers to ensure a solid and well-rounded understanding of market, customer, and partner needs
• Lead the product planning, development, and roadmap for organic, paid, social, and emerging growth strategies
• Communicate complex opportunities clearly and succinctly with a level of detail matching the audience context
• Own a holistic view of the Discovery ecosystem across all platforms, inside and outside of our owned products, with a goal of giving customers what they want, where they want it, when they want it
• Minimum of 4 years of proven experience in product management
• Minimum of 3 years of proven experience in growth, acquisition, or a related focus
• Solid understanding of data collection, event tracking, attribution, and data analysis. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experimentation and multivariate testing experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work with leaders and peers to evaluate new ideas, discuss business and product concepts, create compelling product designs, implement new features and systems, and make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks.
• Experience with paid and organic acquisition platforms, multi-touch attribution, marketing funnels and flywheels.
• Experience leading and driving systematic improvements across product, design, and engineering teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Can communicate the results of your work clearly to your audience. Can sell ideas with clarity, confidence, and persuasion.
• Experience working with engineering and data science teams to build model-based product features is a plus.
• Experience with video and streaming subscription products is a plus.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw9682-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.