Product Manager - Tech
New York, NY
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital products for thirteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, HGTV, Food, Investigation Discovery as well as Discovery+, the new DTC product to be launched in early 2021.
The Sr. Manager of Customer Experience Analytics is a critical role that will work closely with Product, Ad Sales, Ad Tech teams to lead analytics projects to improve customer experience including ad experience to drive audience, improve user experience and increase revenue. This is an amazing role for someone who is intellectually curious, a strategic and tactical thinker with a highly analytical mind, and looking to have an impact on key business decisions.
• Lead and project manage analytical initiatives that affect customer experience, with a focus on Ad products, Ad load, and product features.
• Partner with business leads to identify key performance metrics and reporting needs
• Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data analysis techniques to identify insights that will improve customer experience and drive product growth
• Build comprehensive testing plans for ad loads
• Communicate and present key insights to stakeholders
• Become well versed in a variety of analytics tools and evangelize digital analytics to promote self-service, efficiency, and best practices within the company
• Build strong relationships with internal teams to consistently understand analytical needs, train new team members
* BA/BS degree in Math/Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related fields
* 5-8 years of experience with data/analytics; consumer product or digital media experience preferred
* Proficiency with Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics
* Product A/B testing and quality measurement experience
* Experience with SQL, R, and/or Python
* Tableau experience is a plus
* Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to distill complex analyses or concepts into understandable terms
* Experience managing cross-functional projects
* Self-starter, comfortable initiating projects from design to execution with minimal supervision
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.