The Broadcast security engineer is a critical technical role responsible for ensuring the secure design and compliance of Discovery enterprise and broadcast architecture to effectively and securely support the organization in meeting specific business technology needs. This candidate will be considered a technical expert. Ideal candidates will have the following expectations, execute architecture design reviews to evaluate security controls and identify opportunities to enhance the security posture of Discovery business environments, build relationships with infrastructure architects and engineering leads to disseminate and explain secure design methodologies and policies. Ideal candidates will also understand the landscape and components of cutting-edge architectures and the methods to securely deploy them.
• As part of a team, ensure the adoption of security architecture and engineering initiatives in order to effectively and securely support the organization in meeting specific business technology needs.
• Understand and communicate technical risks involved in infrastructure, cloud, application and serverless vulnerabilities.
• Drive consideration of cybersecurity tools and datasets to enhance detective and preventive control sets.
• Understand technical security issues and the implications to Discovery businesses and be able to communicate them to management and other business leaders.
• Understand emerging security technologies and determine the appropriate use within business applications.
• Maintain and enforce Discovery's cybersecurity policies and secure design documentation.
• Make recommendations to optimize security of critical broadcast IT systems.
• Implement and oversee security controls within the Broadcast domains.
• Review and recommend security settings and collection of security logs for the Broadcast IT infrastructure (Firewalls, Critical Infrastructure, Proxy, etc.)
• Review, oversee and recommend security of broadcast storage systems.
• Partners with corporate IT teams to troubleshoot cross-departmental IT issues when necessary.
• Provides support to live remote teams for broadcast IT related issues.
• Oversight and administration of cloud web application firewall
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related discipline or 6+ years of previous technical experience, specifically security architecture experience.
• Security certifications are a plus. (CISSP, CISM, CISA, SANS, Security+, etc.)
• Working knowledge of at least one programming language (Python, Go etc.)
• Proven hands on experience securing global hybrid architectures from both a compute and network infrastructure perspective.
• Proven hands on experience securing operating systems (Microsoft, Linux, MacOS etc.)
• Detailed technical experience supporting and implementing SIEM & logging tools (Splunk, Kibana, Qradar) and the ability to extract actionable intelligence from large volume aggregated log storage.
• Experience working in a corporate or broadcasting IT multi-tiered environment including media asset management
• Experience in System and Network Administration.
• Familiar with Voice and Video Protocols such as SIP (session initiation protocol), video encoding, and Media Asset Management (MAM).
• Hands on technical experience with cloud native security tools
• Hands on technical experience with managing Application WAFs (such as AWS WAF or Akamai Kona)
• Strong customer service, communication, and presentation skills required.
• Multilingual: Be able to speak French and English fluently - beneficial, not essential
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98wzz-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.