Sr. Program Manager, Cloud Products & Governance
Along with rest of the Media world, Discovery is undergoing a transformation to build unique experiences around the world-class non-scripted video content in form of many Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) products on dozens of different platforms.This role is directly involved in global delivery of a robust platform that serves as the foundation for building products such in our wide offering of in DTC as well as our wide broadcast portfolio. (18 US brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet), Eurosport, MotorTrend, GolfTV, DPlay and many others.
Are you a developer with an enthusiasm for cloud computing, infrastructure-as-code, and automation? Do you want to work with a massively increasing portfolio of Direct To Consumer technologies, as part of a growing organization? Can you help us grow with best-of-breed open source tools and fully managed AWS services, and join us in embracing state-of-the-art cloud best practices? Are you passionate about working in a SRE/DevOps environment and leveraging the power of cloud to allow product and development teams to produce best in class consumer facing products?
We need engineers with passion and knowledge of Cloud Computing on multiple cloud platforms and a modern approach to infrastructure automation. We want people familiar with cloud native approaches and container technology, who have a constant desire to keep learning and who have real hands-on experience.
In addition to working in a DevOps environment, this role has specific responsibilities for all global cloud governance instrumentation and policies while allowing balance between time to market and policy guidelines.
• Deep knowledge of cloud infrastructure and platforms (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud)
• Experience automating infrastructure using IAC tools such as AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Pulumi, or similar.
• Will-not-give-up attitude when it comes to troubleshooting complex issues that span multiple teams and even multiple cloud platforms.
• Always on the lookout for ways to optimize costs and performance in a cloud environment.
• Knowledge of cloud design patterns, architecture, implementation, and performance tuning, and troubleshooting of applications in a Highly Available, globally-distributed cloud platform.
• Knowledge of cloud design patterns, and architectures and debugging. We adopt a multi-account, multi-VPC strategy for maximum isolation between different services and separation of operational responsibility.
• Communication Skills - It is very important that you are able to work with multiple teams with different goals, multiple people with personalities, backgrounds, and skill levels.
• Desire to share knowledge, train, and mentor teammates and members of other groups.
• Security awareness - you understand the importance of security best practices and know how to establish a robust set of defenses
• Agile development - Experienced as part of development team and understand agile methodology
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.