Infrastructure Monitoring Analyst
We are looking for expert who can administer of all database environments and provide 24*7 DBA support for all databases with very minimal supervision. Design and Architect highly available, scalable and secure database solutions.This person will have deep technical knowledge and experience architecting and supporting IT infrastructure solutions in cooperation with business and application stakeholders. You will document solutions ensuring best practices are followed and stakeholders are updated related to system changes. You will manage capacity and forecast utilization, providing guidance to stakeholders around budgeting.
To be successful, you will possess a unique blend of business and technical understanding; a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms vision into a reality. You must be willing to work in a ''one team'' mindset, building relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors while contributing within a highly collaborative environment. This is a large company with a significant global footprint, and we will often work as a single team with many other groups, often stepping out of our own team's boundaries.
We are looking for candidates either from Cracow and Warsaw.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Provide 24/7 on-call production DBA support for global production systems spanning multiple time zones across multiple regions
• Administer databases as per the documented standards
• Establish and maintain sound backups for all database environments
• Perform general troubleshooting on all database related issues and document the solution steps
• Install, upgrade and patch database environments and other supporting tools ( third party replications tool)
• Implement changes to the production environment as per the change management guidelines.
• Respond to database related outages within the SLA/OLA timelines and provide detailed RFOs
• Act as a mentor to the junior DBAs, both on technical and functional areas
• Conduct technical evaluations on new products and features and provide recommendations and directions for implementation
• Create technical documentation on all critical processes (Example: Standby log shipping, Security best practices, Performance tuning methodology etc)
• Set standards and guidelines for all database related implementations and enforce them to maintain consistency across environments
• Design and Architect database solutions that are secure, highly available ,scalable and efficient TCO
• Ability to work independently on all complex projects and at the same time possess excellent team skills to be able to collaborate with various infrastructure groups (Server, Network, Storage etc)
• Interface with vendors for technical support
Preferred Qualifications / Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
• Database architecture and administration experience, with strong real world database support experience in a tier two/three support role
• Experience in Database administration in SQL Server 2008/2012/2016.
• Experience in SSIS packages creation, deployment and administration.
• Experience in SSRS administration.
• Experience in Oracle administration preferred.
• Experience working in a 24/7 on-call environment
• Experience in most aspects of database administration and architecture
• Must be an innovative worker, capable of thinking 'out of the box' rather than a traditional operational DBA, emphasis being more on long term solutions rather than the day to day support
• Experience in scripting language to assist in automating the database administration and monitoring tasks
• Experience in performance tuning and general troubleshooting techniques on all database technology stacks
• Experience in setting technical and process related standards and documenting them to improve the team's productivity
• Must possess excellent organizational, communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team and also independently, prioritizing work based on business criticalities
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.