Director - Talent and Strategy
West Hollywood, CA
About Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery's global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the US on January 4, 2021.
About the Role
The Specialist will be responsible for supporting Content Acquisition activities for the discovery+ DTC SVOD service. As a member of the DTC Content Operations & Engagement team, the Specialist will help onboard delivery partners to Discovery's Global Tech Specs, track required deliverables compliance, support conforms/reversions and troubleshoot exceptions. The Specialist will work to ensure content deliverables arrive on time and in spec, powering an accurate and effective presentation on discovery+. The ideal candidate is an exceptionally organized clear thinker with deep media deliverables expertise and a passion for content and streaming services.
• Serve as a subject matter expert for Discovery's global technical specifications and SVOD deliverables
• Support content operations managers through end-to-end onboarding process for external vendors
• Collaborate with external vendors to ensure deliverables are to spec and uploaded in compliance with Discovery's global delivery guidelines
• Create inventory and content metadata records for vendors to deliver against
• Escalate QC updates to delivery vendors and internal technical operations teams
• Serve as key POC for internal cross-functional partners; create transparency for upcoming deliveries
• Report delivery progress to wide array of stakeholders
• Research/gather metadata, art and other deliverables from external partner sales sites
• Coordinate internal edits for changes to credits, branding, standards & practices, etc.
• Support internal promotional teams with production requests for external producers and vendors
• Support international content acquisitions through inventory management, rights entry, etc.
• Enthusiastically contribute to DTC Content Ops and Engagement goals at every opportunity
• 3-5 Years of experience in deliverables management, content licensing, SVOD services
• BA/BS required or equivalent combination of skills
• Outstanding skills in Microsoft Excel, Google Suite required
• Familiar with Adobe creative suite, post production concepts and toolsets
• Independently motivated, resilient, energized by fast paced media environment
• Extremely organized, with meticulous attention to detail
• Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
• Collaborative work style with a proven ability to develop strong relationships
• Strong SVOD media industry landscape knowledge
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yk1q-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.