Eurosport Digital is Discovery's primary drive into the Direct to Consumer business in Europe. It currently comprises two parts; Eurosport.com - the continent's number one sports news website - and Eurosport Player, a leading subscription-based OTT sports platform available across Europe.
The business is in a period of high growth, fueled by investment in rights, marketing, product and content.
Working with internal and external teams on the design, implementation, delivery, and customer support of affiliate integrations from initial technical engagement through the post-launch phase are the
primary responsibilities of the Solutions Architect. They must have broad and deep technical knowledge and be able to use it to accurately assess the affiliate's capability to perform an integration and ensure the technical success of the integration. They work closely with their partner teams and particularly with technical contacts to ensure that requirements are met and implementations match specifications. They
are able to critically asses partners' technical designs and documentation and can identify and resolve all issues prior to and during implementation. They perform configurations as needed and work with both internal and external partner engineering teams as necessary to ensure the affiliate integration is working as designed in all systems. They plan and execute integration testing with the partner and assist in finding resolution to any identified issues. They provide post-launch ancillary support for affiliate customer support requests and aid in the planning and implementation of solutions for change requests, systems enhancements, and major issue resolution. Solutions Architects must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a background in software engineering, solutions architecture, or some other strongly technology focused role.
• You have played a lead role in the design, documentation, creation, and delivery of a major product or feature launch, either as a software engineer or solutions architect.
• You have comprehensive knowledge of programming languages, APIs, dev ops and cloud infrastructure, data and software design principles, security, and have the capacity to become proficient with other technologies as required.
• You have experience in designing OAuth2 subscriber integration workflows.
• You have mastered the skill to balance your technical depth, product knowledge, business understanding, organizational and communication skills to ensure that the right decisions are made when and wherever you are involved. You have a long track record proving this.
• You are an effective communicator at all levels to all disciplines, from engineers to marketing/distribution to executive leaders, and also effectively communicate both internally and externally with the affiliates and partners in those same disciplines.
o Examples of technical documentation are required.
o Examples of video demonstrations are required.
• You have experience in integrating Set Top Box experiences.
• You manage multiple stakeholders and projects, in various states of implementation, effectively.
• You are able to analyze the pros and cons of several different possible implementations, present your findings to the team, and constructively argue for or against various technical approaches.
• You have the ability to extensively investigate and diagnose the root causes of issues at every level of multiple complex systems.
• You have demonstrated the ability to make decisions for more than one project or program area showing that your judgment is fungible, and you must be able to handle more than one project simultaneously and successfully.
• You have repeatedly demonstrated the ability to understand organizational and corporate goals and ensured that your projects delivered what was required to hit these goals.
• Bachelor's degree with 4-6 years of experience in software engineering or as solutions architect.
• Travel is required (when it's safe, due to the pandemic) both domestic and international averaging about 20%
• Must have the legal right to work in the country hired
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8yp9-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.