Software Development Manager
Discovery also has a strong portfolio of free-to-air channels across Europe making it a leading broadcaster in a number of countries, including Norway, Sweden, Italy, Poland, Germany and the UK. As a purpose-driven company, we are dedicated to not only entertaining but inspiring.
For 30 years we have told stories that entertain, inspire and enlighten our viewers around the world, about the world. But our work doesn't stop there. We are committed to making the world a better place by leveraging our market-leading global platform, and by extending the reach and influence of like-minded organizations and causes. We also are dedicated to employee volunteerism across the globe.
We are looking for a manager who comes from an engineering background and has developed people management and delivery skills over time and experience. He will be a managing group of very talented SDE-1/2/3s in his team to deliver solid quality output. He will coordinate with external teams as needed to keep his team unblocked from external dependencies and deliver results as per timeline.
We are looking to hire this position in Bengaluru. As a manager, you need to interact with external stakeholders like Product Managers, Technical Programme Managerss, Architects from the same as well as different teams. The person should be open to handle calls with US and Europe stakeholders for coordination (keep in mind odd timings of the same) and should be open to travel if needed.
• You are the delivery manager of your pod for the sprint.
• You will ensure the agile process is followed and sprint deliverables are completed by the end of the sprint. Also, the quality of the deliverable is maintained.
• You will work with external stake owners like the product team / TPMs / Architects to ensure your team is not stuck on anything during the implementation.
• You will ensure proper documentation is in place for every deliverable.
• You own the system till the end of its lifecycle. Hence all the handovers, knowledge transfers of functional requirement specifications, implementation details, design details are owned by you for maintenance.
• You are the owner of the production system when your team's code goes to production. You have to ensure all necessary monitoring, health check, quality matrices are added and monitored properly when it goes live.
• You will take proactive measures if you see any issues with these monitors. You will also handle coordination between dev-ops and the support team.
• You have worked in a rapidly changing environment and thrive in a startup environment and are proficient in dealing with ambiguity
• You understand a broad range of computer science concepts and know-how, when, and when not to use them.
• You can dive deep into a wide range of technical problems offering suggestions and feedback to your team.
• 10 years of professional experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
• 5 years of experience managing successful engineering teams including hiring and performance management.BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r748k9-18-234-244-170-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.