Discovery also has a strong portfolio of free-to-air channels across Europe making it a leading broadcaster in a number of countries, including Norway, Sweden, Italy, Poland, Germany and the UK. As a purpose-driven company, we are dedicated to not only entertaining but inspiring.
For 30 years we have told stories that entertain, inspire and enlighten our viewers around the world, about the world. But our work doesn't stop there. We are committed to making the world a better place by leveraging our market-leading global platform, and by extending the reach and influence of like-minded organizations and causes. We also are dedicated to employee volunteerism across the globe.
As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people's curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
The Direct to Consumer Group is a technology company within the Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network's brands globally. We are building modern container-based microservices operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and really much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build applications for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery owned networks (Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, Discovery Play, and many more) This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery's future.
We are hiring senior quality assurance engineers to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for test automation (QA-as-a-Service), strike a balance between test coverage and test quality, architect and code automated tests across multiple delivery pipelines, and establish best practices & processes which improve developer efficiencies and product quality.
The ideal candidate will also have a track record of having worked with multiple cross-functional teams and test activities as part of the overall product release pipeline. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgement making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative partner that makes other team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions. You provide mentoring to others.
1. Scope and Complexity: You have acquired subject-matter expertise over one or more production software systems and demonstrated a pattern of ensuring the high quality delivery of feature changes in those, or similar, systems. You use the best tools and techniques for testing those systems, including test automation wherever relevant. You deliver stable and comprehensive automated test scripts.
2. Decision Making: You are able to contribute to the solution of business problems based on your unique perspective as a tester of a software product. You are able to lead the testing of the most complex enhancements involving yourself and other engineers.
3. Execution: You consistently drive test automation forward and make improvements to testing practices that shorten release testing cycles. Your testing success is made evident by the high quality of end-user experience in the products and systems on which you work.
4. Operations: Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a role model to other teams. Your documentation is clear and helpful to people of various roles across the organization. You take full ownership of release / deployment processes.
5. Influence: You are a collaborative leader that makes other engineers and team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to elucidate the impact of key product and technical decisions. You provide mentoring to other engineers.
6. Communication: You are an effective communicator as exemplified by your documentation, and your interactions with stakeholders and adjacent teams. You can effectively represent the technical decisions from your team to senior stakeholders.
1. Knowledge of various test activities across release pipelines to promote artifacts from dev to prod, including unit testing, regression testing, cert testing, client testing, etc.
2. Experience driving test design and implementation
3. Understanding of test cases, test data, test runs, and test results management that provides feedback and visibility to qualify & quantify test coverage.
4. Ability to scout emerging industry trends such as AI testing and other best in class processes.
5. Able to drive and steer discussions and meetings to achieve desired goals.
6. Understanding of multiple test types including unit, functional, integration, end to end, security, performance, load, and ui tests.
7. Experience testing across different device types and operating systems such as Window, OSX, iOS, tvOS, Android, Roku, FireTV, Xbox, Playstation, Tizen, and WebOS.
8. Able to collaborate and work with development teams across multiple time zones and locations
9. Ability to collaborate with technology resources on projects given solid understanding of current technologies and trends.
10. Knowledge of industry best practices for technical documentation
11. Reviews automated test run results and verifies results
12. Triages test failures and determine if the failed test is the result of a bug or an issue with the test script or test data
13. Ability to focus both strategically and tactically to achieve business goals, including the use of data to drive improvements.
14. Able to organize test case inventories that minimize the number of test cases while maximizing the amount of test coverage.
15. Writes high quality automated test cases using existing frameworks
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zow9-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.