Software Developer in Test III, Bangalore
Discovery is the world's leading non-fiction media company with a reach of three billion viewers in 220 countries.
The Direct to Consumer (DTC) group is an Engineering company within the Discovery brand. DTC's engineering teams build applications for Web, Mobile, Connected TVs and Consoles/STBs covering features like Search, Playback, ML driven Recommendation, Subscriptions, Payments etc. We are building a Global Video Streaming Platform to support a broad collection of Discovery's brands (Discovery, TLC, Motor Trend, Golf TV, Food Network, Eurosport, and many more) including the recently launched Discovery+. These applications are powered by a fleet of cloud-native microservices for Content Ingestion, Metadata processing, Video encoding & Ad Tech platform on AWS containers & serverless-compute.
Meet Our Team:
The Global QA Execution team helps to span development, execution and reporting on various test activities as it relates to the Global Discovery+ product. They will be responsible for technology, tools, automation initiatives as it relates to QA activities working with Frontend Client and Backend service teams spread across US / EMEA / APAC teams. The QA Execution team works closely with the QA Automation team to consume the QA-aaS pipeline and drive improvements to QA automation activities as we scale our global platform.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Scope and Complexity: You have acquired subject-matter expertise over one or more production software systems and demonstrated a pattern of shipping high quality feature changes in that or those system(s).
• Decision Making: You solve business problems with simple and straightforward solutions, applying appropriate technologies and software engineering best practices. You are able to lead the design and development of the most complex enhancements.
• Execution: You have built multiple stable, scalable feature changes that have been successfully shipped to customers in production.
• Operations Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a role model to other teams. Your software contributions in production are the model of highly available, low latency, and efficient software. Your documentation in code, on technical designs, and operations provide clarity to any engineer interacting with your software or its code.
• Influence You are a collaborative leader that makes other engineers and team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions. You provide mentoring to other engineers.
• Communication You are an effective communicator as exemplified by your technical documentation, and your interactions with stakeholder and adjacent teams. You can effectively represent the technical decisions from your team to senior stakeholders.
What to Bring:
• Knowledge of various test activities across release pipelines to promote artifacts from dev to prod, including unit testing, regression testing, cert testing, client testing, etc.
• Experience driving test design and implementation
• Understanding of test cases, test data, test runs, and test results management that provides feedback and visibility to qualify & quantify test coverage.
• Understanding of multiple test types including unit, functional, integration, end to end, security, performance, load, and UI tests.
• Experience testing across different device types and operating systems such as Window, OSX, iOS, tvOS, Android, Roku, FireTV, Xbox, Playstation, Tizen, and WebOS.
• Able to collaborate and work with development teams across multiple time zones and locations
• Ability to collaborate with technology resources on projects given solid understanding of current technologies and trends.
• Reviews automated test run results and verifies results
• Triages test failures and determine if the failed test is the result of a bug or an issue with the test script or test data
• Able to organize test case inventories that minimize the number of test cases while maximizing the amount of test coverage.
• Writes high quality automated test cases using existing frameworks
What We Offer:
• A Great Place to work
• Equal opportunity employer
• Fast track growth opportunities
Discovery is governed by our eight guiding principles:
We Are... One Team, Creative Dreamers, Doers. Consumer Obsessed. Global, Quick & Agile, Purposeful and We Do the Right Thing
Discovery's Guiding Principles define the distinctive character, spirit and attitude of our organization. They inspire how we design our future and recruit talent.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Disclaimer: Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jnw7-3-236-218-88-42 in your application.