Software Development Engineer - iOS
New York, NY
• You are hands-on and capable of playing a leading role to design and develop major functional changes to existing software systems, or new ones, involving yourself and other engineers.
• You provide guidance on design, coding, and operational best practices, and have a track-record of applying these best practices to software that you have worked on. You can propose and create best practices proactively where none exist.
• You make high impact decisions driving how and what software gets built. Your decisions are often right, and you are persuasive in delivering your suggestions and ideas to your team.
• You mentor junior engineers, overseeing their designs, code quality, and integration into a team. Your success is judged as much on your own productivity as on the positive impact you have on engineers around you.
• Minimum of 5+ years of iOS experience developing Mobile applications in Swift.
• Solid understanding of the mobile development life cycle, Appstore submissions & Apple deployments.
• Deep understanding of the nuances of the Apple ecosystem, different iOS versions of iOS, and how to effectively design & write code for a multitude of iOS, tvOS devices.
• Experience building modular apps with principles such as TDD, dependency injection, CI/CD, automated testing and deep understanding of architectures/frameworks such as MVVM, VIPER
• Experience in DevOps/SRE practices such as CI/CD, performance monitoring & incident management
• Strong computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.