The Direct to Consumer (DTC) group is a technology company within Discovery that is responsible for building a global video streaming platform to support a broad collection of Discovery's brands, including the recently launched streaming service Discovery+.
DTC's engineering teams build applications for web, mobile, tablets, connected TVs, consoles, and other streaming devices. Those applications are backed by a fleet of cloud-native microservices deployed to Kubernetes within AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to subscriptions, payments, and really much more.
DTC is a growing engineering group crucial to Discovery's future. That's why we are looking for technically deep, analytical software engineers to join our first team in Poland!
• Design and develop complex features, involving yourself and one or more engineers from your team.
• Write efficient, readable, testable code.
• Support other developers through brainstorming, design review, code review etc.
• Work autonomously, but actively seek input where appropriate.
• Track record of having built components of a high-performance, stable, scalable system that has been successfully shipped to customers in production.
• Proficiency in Java and a few other languages.
• Comprehensive understanding of Microservice architectures.
• Usage and understanding of Docker, Kubernetes and AWS.
• Experience with Continuous Delivery and Infrastructure as Code.
• Experience in operating and truly owning services, configuring alerting, metrics, and logging.
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Polish.
• gRPC and Kafka for interservice communication.
• The asynchronous, non-blocking, functional style of programming and experience with frameworks such as Spring WebFlux or Vert.x.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8q61-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.