Discovery also has a strong portfolio of free-to-air channels across Europe making it a leading broadcaster in a number of countries, including Norway, Sweden, Italy, Poland, Germany and the UK. As a purpose-driven company, we are dedicated to not only entertaining but inspiring.
For 30 years we have told stories that entertain, inspire and enlighten our viewers around the world, about the world. But our work doesn't stop there. We are committed to making the world a better place by leveraging our market-leading global platform, and by extending the reach and influence of like-minded organizations and causes. We also are dedicated to employee volunteerism across the globe.
As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people's curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
The Direct to Consumer Group is a technology company within the Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network's brands globally. We are building modern container-based microservices operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and really much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery owned networks (Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, Discovery Play, and many more) This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery's future.
We are hiring quality assurance engineers to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for test automation (QA-as-a-Service), strike a balance between test coverage and test quality, architect and code automated tests across multiple delivery pipelines, and establish best practices & processes which improve developer efficiencies and product quality.
The ideal candidate will also have a track record of having worked with multiple cross-functional teams and test activities as part of the overall product release pipeline. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgement making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative partner that makes other team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions. You provide mentoring to others.
1. Scope and Complexity: You have subject-matter expertise related to one or more production software systems and demonstrated a pattern of shipping high quality feature changes in those, or similar, systems.
2. Decision Making: You are able to lead the design and development of more complex feature enhancements involving yourself and one or more additional engineers. You solve business problems with simple and straightforward solutions, applying appropriate technologies and software engineering best practices.
3. Execution: You need little oversight to work within the team's software development lifecycle practices. You can help newcomers to be productive with the team's processes. You deliver high-quality results the first time and improve code, documentation, and results with each iteration.
4. Operations: You think about the long-term health of your code, your monitoring, your alerting, and your documentation. You nurture all of these in parallel to your software development responsibilities.
5. Influence: You are persuasive in influencing your peers through code reviews or design reviews. Your team trusts your work and the feedback that you give to them on their work.
6. Communication: You are an effective communicator as exemplified by your technical documentation, and your interactions with stakeholders and adjacent teams.
• Knowledge of various test activities across release pipelines to promote artifacts from dev to prod, including unit testing, regression testing, cert testing, client testing, etc.
• Experience driving test design and implementation
• Understanding of test cases, test data, test runs, and test results management that provides feedback and visibility to qualify & quantify test coverage.
• Understanding of multiple test types including unit, functional, integration, end to end, security, performance, load, and ui tests.
• Experience testing across different device types and operating systems such as Window, OSX, iOS, Android, Roku, FireTV, Xbox, Playstation, and WebOS.
• Able to collaborate and work with development teams across multiple time zones and locations
• Ability to collaborate with technology resources on projects given solid understanding of current technologies and trends.
• Knowledge of industry best practices for technical documentation.
• Ability to focus both strategically and tactically to achieve business goals, including the use of data to drive improvements.
• AWS, Selenium, Watir, JIRA, Testrail, Apache test tools, cucumber, Docker, Grafana, Jenkins, Jenkins Pipelines, CircleCi, Appium, Confluence and JIRA admin tool experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2xv2-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.