We're hiring talented Principal and Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineers that are passionate about using software-based approaches to solve complex infrastructure challenges and automate those solutions. You'll be part of the cloud engineering organization where we have a strong focus on using engineering and software practices to manage and scale our cloud infrastructure. Working in cloud engineering, you'll lead and contribute to initiatives aimed at scaling our infrastructure, process, systems, and automation. You'll build a deep understanding of the Discovery+ digital streaming service and use that knowledge, coupled with your engineering, infrastructure and cloud knowledge, to optimize and evolve our infrastructure reliability, availability, serviceability, and price/performance.
To be successful, you'll need to be deeply technical and capable of holding your own with other strong peers. You possess excellent collaboration and diplomacy skills. You have experience practicing infrastructure-as-code as well as related areas including site reliability engineering, CICD, DevOps, ChatOps, and Agile development. In addition, you'll have strong systems knowledge and troubleshooting abilities.
An ideal candidate will be a creative thinker and passionate about technology as well as drive innovation and produce delightful experiences for customers. This person will demonstrate data-driven open minded decision making, have an insatiable curiosity, love to invent and innovate to solve difficult challenges in a fast-paced global environment.
If you love solving problems at scale, prefer to build scalable, reliable, and testable software to automate infrastructure management, are an ace troubleshooter, and are deeply technical, then this is the role for you!
• Plan, lead, and execute complicated technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company.
• Work with internal customers and stakeholders to drive the design, development and support of our Discovery+ cloud platform.
• Work on providing a highly automated infrastructure for deploying and scaling a distributed, multi-tenant, high performance compute and data platform.
• Develop software and tooling to facilitate greater automation and operability of services.
• Make high impact decisions driving how and what software gets built. Your decisions are often right, and you are persuasive in delivering your suggestions and ideas to your team.
• Mentor senior engineers, overseeing their designs, code quality, and integration into a team. Your success is judged as much on your own productivity as on the positive impact you have on engineers around you.
• Provide guidance on design, coding, and operational best practices, and have a track-record of applying these best practices to software that you have worked on. You can propose and create best practices proactively where none exist.
• Utilize your deep experience and problem solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues as well as participate in a shared on-call rotation.
• At least 9 years of overall experience in software, systems, and infrastructure
• At least 4 years of experience managing public cloud infrastructure, such as AWS, GCP, or Azure, including design, implementation, and maintenance of large scale compute environments.
• Strong software development skills in languages such as Go/Java/Python. Must have CS fundamentals and a track record of implementing highly reliable software.
• Strong knowledge and implementation history of Terraform, Ansible, Salt, Pulumi, CloudFormation and/or other similar tooling.
• Deep understanding of Docker, Linux, networking, distributed systems, microservice architecture, cloud design patterns, and security.
• Experience with container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, DC/OS (Mesos / Marathon), Titus, AWS EKS, or Google GKE is strongly desired.
• Able to calmly and efficiently debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues.
• Solid interpersonal skills conducive to a team environment.
• Self-driven & motivated, with a strong sense of ownership, work ethic, and a passion for problem solving.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Can effectively communicate vision and plan with the audience.
• Experience in working across product, engineering, and analytics teams to evaluate new ideas, discuss technical concepts, create scalable designs, implement new models, and make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks.
• BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kj63-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.