As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people's curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
The Direct to Consumer Group is a technology company within the Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network's brands globally. We are building modern container-based micro-services operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and really much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery owned networks (Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, Discovery Play, and many more) This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery's future.
We are hiring software development engineer to join our Global Identity team. The global identity team is chartered to provide the very best registration, authentication and authorization systems for all its customers. This includes building an Identity platform that could be used by all customers and discovery services.
The ideal candidate has an established background in developing customer-obsessed experiences, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, a high level of creativity, great analytical reasoning skills, and of course, passion for technology.
• You are able to take documented designs prepared by more experienced engineers and contribute code to implement the design working solo or with other engineers together.
• You are responsible for your team's software making decisions about how to implement to best achieve the desired outcome. The decisions you make prove that you can write stable, production-quality code and follow your team's best practices for dev-ops tasks.
• You have demonstrated the ability to use common industry tools for software development including but not limited to IDEs, build and continuous integration, source control management, code review tools, data storage services, and cloud infrastructure, and you are able to build software in a professional team environment delivered to production using these tools
• You are able to provide technical documentation describing your contributions and contribute enhancements to your team's best practices.
• You influence the technical vision for your department through discussions with peers and your management. You are persuasive in influencing your peers through code reviews or design reviews.
• You are an effective communicator as exemplified by your technical documentation, 87 and your interactions with stakeholders and adjacent teams.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Product development experience in consumer-focused companies
• Technical experience as software developer, or related role
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
• Experience developing in at least one Object-Oriented language Java, C#, C++ and Go
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7kok9-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.