Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company's mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity. In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive, and grow in their careers.
The Direct to Consumer Group is a technology company within the Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all our network's brands globally. We are building modern container-based microservices operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery owned networks (Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, Discovery Play, and many more). This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery's future.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer to contribute to our award-winning iOS app: Food Network Kitchen. Within your role, you'll be an integral part of a team of engineers, product managers, and designers to build new capabilities in the app on the iOS ecosystem. You'll be a contributor on a team that is driving the future of the Food Network Kitchen app experience and delivering quality features to millions of customers.
This will be a hands-on role where you'll be successful by contributing high quality code, participating in all aspects of the agile software development process, and collaborating with other Discovery teams on shared objectives. As a contributor on the team, you'll be expected to write code, drive code reviews, and own tasks and projects to their completion.
• Deliver high-quality, high-performance, scalable code for iOS.
• Ensure app stability and performance include monitoring key metrics
• Day-to-day support of project initiatives including participation in sprint planning, team retrospectives, code reviews, and user interviews.
• Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization.
• Master and evangelize our agile product development process, incorporating consumer insights into product decision-making process.
• Assist in execution of the engineering hiring plan for the team, including screening, and interviewing.
• Coach and mentor other software engineers.
• Participate in the quality assurance phase of the development cycle through automated testing.
• Assesses mobile landscape for emerging mobile trends with vendors such as Apple, Google, and Amazon.
• Assist in implementing effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
• Communicate status, roadblocks, and requirements to team management in order to proactively solve problems and drive solutions.
• Help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
• Represent Discovery engineering and management in industry events.
• 6+ years in an engineering contributor role.
• 2+ years of Swift experience
• Knowledge of large-scale application architecture, design, implementation, and performance tuning
• You have experience shipping iOS applications, and you are up to date on the current state of the iOS development ecosystem.
• Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and platforms (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud) is a plus.
• A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o91m-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.