The Direct to Consumer Group (DTC) within Discovery is responsible for building the global streaming video platform that supports a broad collection of Discovery's diverse brands around the world including Discovery, TLC, Food Network, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, Science Channel, HGTV, Eurosport, MotorTrend, and many more.
DTC's many software engineering teams build applications for the web, mobile, tablets, connected TVs, consoles, and other streaming devices. Those applications are backed by a fleet of modern, cloud-native microservices deployed to Kubernetes within AWS.
We are a fast-growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery's future.
We are hiring a software development engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate has a track record of having built multiple high-performance, stable, scalable systems that have been successfully shipped to customers in production. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgement making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative leader that makes other engineers and team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions.
• 5+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer in an agile environment
• Experience developing high-throughput backend services scaling to 10's of millions of users in real-time and on-demand transactions in server-server and client-server applications
• Hands-on experience designing and developing distributed, asynchronous services involving many components and using popular tech stacks and design patterns
• BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp15oo-35-173-234-169-42 in your application.